1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rocket_Man_2.0

Barkley jinxed the Rockets for real.....everytime people jump on Rockets bandwagon we lose...

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Apparently the refs only made bad calls that hurt the Rockets.

Stop acting like there wasn't bad calls on both sides. :mad:

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's why yao is yao. i never got excited over game 1 and think yao would dominate this series b/c they're not going to single cover him every game. he is who he is.

wafer is going to be "real good" no doubt. but he's a scorer and can only has the mindset of scoring. the coach doesn't ask him to do anything else. i don't know if he'll be real effective on another team if he is asked to do more.

roy is an all-star. but he's not this good. our defenders gotta get better. after all, he only averaged 22 and 5 during the reg. season, no eye-popping #s.

4. landryfans

landryfans Member

Aron brooks sucks big time :mad:

Only stupid people cares about his meaningless shoots at the end.

1. 2 balzers's bigs in 5 fouls, aron refuse to pass the ball to yao,
    2, aron caused two TOs at clutch time, directly cost the game.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the refs made it difficult for the team to pull of this win after missing so many free throws, but we can't ask for everything, we cant leave it up to the refs and that's what we did by missing free throws.

6. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Well, may be he should demand the ball more, don't you think? In the JVG day,
    he still scored when he got doubled and tripled team.

7. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

how about our 7'6" Center grab some offensive rebounds so he isn't completely useless on the offensive end. Just a thought :rolleyes:

8. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

Did you even watch the game? Yao was doubled and fronted almost the whole game! His teammates like AB and Ron Artest also could not or would not get him the ball. How the hell could he shoot the ball? You should blame RA for not finding a solution after all these games.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

call me stupid then, because Aaron is who kept us in the game when Yao went out. Otherwise the game would have been over a lot earlier..

10. dhoo

dhoo New Member

Prediction:
    Next game- Houston wins.
    Next next game - Blazers wins.
    Next next next game - Houston wins.
    Next next next next game - Blazers wins.
    Final game - Houston wins.

This is the rule. No body hopes they finished too early.
    mini-mini-maini-mal.....---->>>

11. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

You know that without trying? If not passing to Yao, Rockets never had turnovers? So, with Yao's shooting percentage why not use your turnovers on him. BTW, why don't just put Yao on inactive list, according to your logic?

Fairly easy as in Ron's 8-20? Again, because they front, we just give up on our most effectively offensive player happily? Why do they play at all?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the rebounds were long, a lot of jumpshots tonight by portland, they were all going over his head..

13. foo82

foo82 Member

Compared to what? I was keeping track of calls as were my other friends for both sides. Roughly 3-4 were bad calls against Portland. After around 11, I stopped counting due to frustrations. This game wasn't a "playoff game". Officials tried to keep it in control throughout the game which is a bad idea. Both sides will be frustrated.

14. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

The fact we couldn't get the ball to Yao was the biggest problem. We should have screen and rolled with von and AB. Von was your only aggressive player so he should have stayed in during crunch time. This Yao defense will be a problem in Houston also if we don't adjust.

I feel sorry for Scola. He reminded me of those facial compilations because Aldridge got him several times during that run of 8 or 10 straight tough points.

15. rockets_fanatic

Did I just say the officials were consistant? If I say my opinion is that they were consistant, it makes them a non-factor. When your team shoots terrible from the line, from the three point line, turns the ball over and ignores there star player you have no right to point out mistakes officials make and say that is why you lost a game. It is pathetic and the mark of a loser.

16. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I'll take Shane Battier, thanks. You can cry on the sofa with Roy when y'all are watching the Rockets in the 2nd round.

17. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

Good teams always take advantage of Adelman because they know he is the most stubborn slow to adjust coach in the NBA.

:mad:

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

find a way to do something else on offense. develop a consistent mid-range jumper? get offensive boards?

getting a jumper should be yao's new goal this offseason. and i mean a CONSISTENT jumper where he'll be a threat.

19. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Umm, thanks... but I didn't say anything about it affecting the result. Just very surprised the clock isn't more closely monitored in the last minute of a playoff game.

20. foo82

foo82 Member

Well you can't really blame much on the free throws. Portland missed just as much. I think people aren't realizing it =p