1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

you said his last 3 3s?wow,that's great! but why can't he score in clutch time? Maybe he should be shoot more in junk time.

2. chaosun86

chaosun86 Member

come on! brooks got so many points when it's already too late. they don't even care about him making those shots. He run our offense terrible. Lowry plays better today. I agree Brooks can shoot, but what I want to see from a point guard is some perfect plays and passes. I feel bad when Ron and brooks keeps dribbling till the end of the shot clock.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

When his shot isn't falling, Brooks is useless.

Brooks needs to spot up for open shots more and turn the ball over less.
    Lowry should be the real PG on this team here...

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Stern has a vested interest in seeing this series pushed to 7 games...the rigg was in...lol..Brandon Roy falls down no contact...Foul..nBA is offically a joke.. :rolleyes:

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

one of the worst effeciating game in the history of the NBA... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

only 6 shoot, why?

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

We keep saying how Yao is slow and turnover prone, that's why it's dangerous to lob or set him up when he's fronted. But he had 0 turnover this game, and how many turnovers AB or Ron had trying to pass to Yao? 0, again. How many assists did Yao get? 0, again, which means he didn't even get chance to pass out - because the ball never went inside.

Like I said in another thread, because they front, so we never try with Yao? If they play defense, should Rockets just forfeit the game? WTF?

I can't believe my eyes, 4 mins left, tied game. Oden fouled out, 5 fouls for both bigs left on Blazers, we went to Yao once when we were down 5 already?

And some of "senior" posters are discussing whether Yao has heart? WTF is wrong with people nowadays? Is basketball that difficult? Yao had 2 outside shots, made one. We can't save a few shots from Artest to give to Yao with a better percentage? Because Blazers won't be happy?!!!!! WTF?!

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

.. you cant, he was effectively doubled and fronted the entire game. the only place he can get the ball without turning it over is like 20 feet away near the three pointline

9. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Mutombo went down, Yao only took 6 shots (and made only 2), and Roy and Aldridge both had BIG nights.

And we only lost by 4, on their home floor?

DON'T PANIC. Everything went Portland's way tonight, and we still kept it close at the end.

10. fanwq

fanwq Member

I don't think AB needs those desprate shoot if we
    1,made FTs
    2,got the ball to Yao(he got 6 shoots only)
    3,Rony was out of control including both offence and defence.
    4,AD should put Lowey early than he did, he is better on the court than AB.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah the man that finished 2nd in the coach of the year voting sucks. :rolleyes:

12. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Just chill brooks has grown up so much and hes still growing all the haters right now will eat their words very soon

13. big11

big11 Contributing Member

This is the playoffs and Yao played like a girl, this is terrible. Shoot the ball Yao!

14. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

especially Brooks and Ron, they never looked for Yao. they are selfish and want to be heroes but lacked of capability at the end of the game. :mad: :mad:

at 1.36 time left, we still had chance to catch up while their big man fouled out, but Brooks and Ron destroyed the effort held by team effort almost whole game.
    i saw chances that they could pass the ball to Yao easily while he had a good position.
    i would like to dump Ron at the end of this season. :mad:

15. parmesh

parmesh Member

Why we lost:
    1) Free throws - we killed ourselves here.
    2) Defense - why couldn't we stop Roy. I mean sure the kid is a flopping son of a b**** (seriously, his ass was on the ground at least 5 times a quarter), but a team with Battier and Artest should be able to hurt him, right (although, I will admit that Battier was better on Roy than Artest...uuuuuuuuuuggghhh)?
    3) Fronting - The solution for Yao's fronting is not simple. You see, ideally we would want Yao to push and shove and seal off his defender. But remember, Yao is playing against p*****s, so if he touches them with a finger they will fall down viciously and start crying and get the call. This solution to this takes multiple parts. First, we go away from Yao to the weak-side and PENETRATE! Have Yao seal off his man for the offensive rebound. Then, once we have this established, run a pick-and-pop/roll with Yao. If we pop, Yao should/can EASILY make that shot on a consistent basis if we make it our plan (don't speak unless you have seen him play in China), and if we roll, we can get something going to the rim. Finally, we should have Yao switch sides twice on the play to shake the fronting defense up a bit, eventually something will give and a hole will develop in the team defense. We may be able to establish Yao easier if we follow these steps.
    4) Referees - What were they smoking? They were all for Roy and Flopzilla the whole game. Seriously, call it on the other end too.

16. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

Right! :mad:

17. Strato

Strato Member

I will tell u this ..u mother****ers wont let the most worthy post er start an new thread ,,,but Brandon Roy and L. Russel will have brokien ****in kneem caps come thursday ...bank on it ..i have full access a T.C so u mother****ers better bail me out.

18. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

I blame the bad coaching.

What is his strategy for this game? Let YAO to shoot just 6 times? Then why should you have Yao in this team if you are not using him? Pass to Yao when he is doubled, and Yao will pass to the open man. I hate to see Brooks dirblling for ever, or Artest jacking up ill shots than passing to others. Why not use Lowry and Wafer more?

If Kobe is doubled, will Phil Jackson only let Kobe to take 6 shot?
    If Lebron is doubled, how many shots he will get?

19. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

did you watch the game. shut up :mad:

20. MD_in_Training

Their post season hopes rest with Roy putting up 40+ points in their own house. I'm still not fretting.