1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

AB is problem... lol greatest compliment.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

So he is starting over Lowry because he had his weekly good game? I think he is starting over Lowry for the sake of continuity.

I know this forum is full of bandwagon fans but to jump on Aaron Brooks' wagon after one good game is stupid. The guy kills this team for three games and then plays great for one then kills the team for three more....same old pattern.

I would love for Brooks' to do well but it's flat out ridiculous how one game suddenly erases the fact that the guy has been bad as a starter for this team.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

DD... I agree, When AB's shot is on, he is Tony Parker like. The problem with Aaron is when his shot is not falling. He let's that affect his whole game and it shouldn't. He should still be taking it to the rack and distributing with his penetration. With his speed, he should be able to blow by pretty much any guard in the league. I' am ecstatic about this only being Brook's second year and watching him grow, but sometimes he just totally disappears when his shot is off. I hope he can keep it going and I think he will, his confidence is through the roof right now. No hating on Brooks, just being critical because I love his game and want to see him improve.

4. MaxwellsTemper

Yeah, clearly I don't watch games. :rolleyes: Give me a break. Every offense requires movement and having teammates set up offense..... the PG's role in Adelman's offense is not to hit 3s. You are using hyperbole to the max.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yeah, apparently in an offense with Yao you need a PG that can set the table for everyone else and penetrate into the lane and score layups. I mean, thats what Lowry does and a good bit better than Brooks if I might add. But wait, why isnt he starting with Yao again?? Oh, because he is a terrible 3pt shooter. So Adelman's offense does need a PG that can hit the outside shot, since teams are going to double Yao and the other options are to leave 40% 3 point shooters Artest and Battier??

6. blender

blender Member

Brooks doesn't need to score 27 points every game to be effective. Even if his shot isn't falling, he has to remain aggressive, not settle for jump shots and keep putting pressure on the defense.

Even if he misses the layup his speed forces defense to adjust, giving our frontcourt guys a better chance at the offensive rebound.

I'm not saying he should look to score everytime he touches the ball, but he shouldn't let a few miss shots make him tentative. Because that's when he gets into trouble.

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yeah, thats what troubles most of us about AB. His confidence in other areas drops when his shot isnt falling. I think he will get better at this, though probably not over the course of one series. I really look forward to what our point guards bring next season.

8. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

His shooting and scoring wasn't as impressive to me as his ability to make great passes off penetration and double teams, more of that Aaron, even a 5-13 shooting night from him can be offset if he penetrates and dishes.

9. marshield

marshield Member

[​IMG]

He's still a factor x. Dribbling for too long, passing the ball when there's only 3 seconds left. Although the first game's stats was great, that' a disguise. He scored in trash time and rockets was leading the entire game. He will be rated in the next game.

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

People have too much expectation on AB, and often times it's not even fair. He is just a 2nd year player who didn't even start until the middle of the season, there will be ups & downs along the way, but he is young, has time to learn and grow.

The biggest problem with AB's game is staying aggressive consistently, and be under the control at the same time. Hopefully, he can get there sooner than late.

11. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

this is the best possible matchup for brooks lets face it.

slowest PG in WCF (Blake), after Fisher altho Fisher does have Bulk

doesn't have to worry about Blake posting or penentrating, Brooks should do even more damage.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rafer Alston was 5-15 tonight with 15 points in a loss to the Sixers. He had 5 assists and one turnover.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It is absolutely, unbelievably ridiculous to read some of the negative comments on this board. We used to have the attitude that we would KILL to have a point guard who was even capable of putting up 25+ points in a playoff game the way Cassell used to do. So he gets 27 and 7-8 assists and he's lambasted? Choice.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Also I want to add a little comparison. Here is Tony Parkers first season vs. Aaron Brooks second season in the league. I am not including Aarons first season because the games played and average minutes is very low. I think Tony's first to Aarons second is a better comparison.

MPG FG% 3pt% FT% Stl. TO Ast. Pts.
    29.4 .419 .323 .675 1.2 2.0 4.3 9.2 (Tony Parker 72 games)
    25.0 .404 .366 .866 0.6 1.6 3.0 11.2 (Aaron Brooks 80 games)

Aaron deserves time to develop as a player. I don't see any reason why he can't be as good as Tony Parker once he finds out how to be effective in this offense.

15. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

yeah i think this is what we all hope can develop. i remember tony parker went through alot of the same criticism, even when they won in 03.

the thing it would say is aaron is alot older than tony was.

16. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Exactly what I was thinking. hope that he keeps his hand hot like game 1

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

LULZ ZOMGZZ UR SOO RYT I SHUDZ REMOVE MY SIG CUZ LIKE IM SUCHA FEKIN BANDWAGONAAR AND SO IZTUPID HAHAHAHA

Seriously, do people just watch the big games and not the whole season? If I watch the preseason games does it mean that I don't have a life? :( Or am I just a die hard rockets fan?

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

It's obvious Brooks feels comfortable playing in Rose Garden, his 2nd homecourt.

Blake is also the best matchup for Brooks. There's no better matchup for Brooks in the other 6 playoff teams. No D-Will, CP, TP, Big Shot, J-Kidd+Barea, and Flopy Fish+Brown+Farmer are good.

19. aws311

aws311 Member

I wish AB will play the same level next game --- either he will be defended more or Yao will be doubled and fronted from the 1st min, or both.
    It's just 1/4 of win we look for.

20. acjeitherocket

hope he keeps it up!!!!!!!!!!