1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Apr 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is something about Wade I can't quantify that I don't see in Rose (yet). From the very beginning Wade carried himself like a fearless assassin, as if it was part of his nature. As a rookie, he wasn't yet a superstar but it's like he knew he was going to be great.

We'll see if Rose ever surpasses Wade. He sure has the athleticism, skills and toughness, plus he's a hard worker dedicated to improving himself. I guarantee you he will be better next season.

2. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

image if the Bulls end up beating the celtics

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well can we give Beasley a shot first? I think Rose is the better player and would have picked him but some guys just have to adjust and I don't think Beasley will be a bust.

As for Rose...yes.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What's a good comparison for him? A more explosive/athletic Tony Parker?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Personally...I always thought he was a Baron Davis or Steve Francis in that he has a lot of skills. Can jump out of the building. Nice passing and vision.

The biggest difference is that Rose has the best bball IQ. This should take him further than both those two as Francis was a ballhog and Baron Davis jacks up too many shots.

Rose looked like a veteran PG out there tonight.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Young Stephon Marbury without the ego.

7. dedong22

dedong22 Member

i guess he's just shy. period.

8. TheBigAristotle

I wouldn't say wrong necessarily, they believed he would average what he did this year. He's gonna be damn good though in the future.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Couldn't of said it ANY better.

+347985 x3

Simply astonishing that young fella (s).

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I admired him for acting like that was all in a day's work, not a once in a lifetime game. He knows there's a series to be won, not a single game.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Any minute now, the next garm thread is coming. Can We Trade T-MAC For Rose?"

12. manlisten

manlisten Member

Almost single-handedly kept the Bulls alive in the 3rd quarter hitting crucial shots whenever the Celtics started to gain confidence. This man is a killer....ninja-like game from Rose today.

13. manlisten

manlisten Member

I have to add...he's clearly spent a lot of time working on his shot. He had a goofy release as recently as the All-Star game and today his mechanics were very smooth. How many players came into the league with no J and still can't shoot as vets? He's a killer, man.

14. lalala902102001

The kid is only 20 years old and a sophomore in college. Keep that in mind.

15. Ari

Ari Member

Oh no doubt, he will be great with an off season or two under his belt. And I completely agree on Wade, I may be biased because I grew up in Chicago, but I have been following Wade since his college days and even as a rookie in the NBA he was just fearless. The guy would go all out and play every minute like a man possessed. It did not take long for him to become the leader of the Heat team, he just had that kinda persona and aura about him.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would have done that at the start of the season.

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I totally agree. The first game I saw Rose play in I thought he reminded me of Wade. But as I watched him play more and more, I realized he's more like Steve Francis with a higher basketball IQ.

18. Ismail

Ismail Member

I don't think anyone in the GARM could be that stupid. The guy is probably in the top 5 for most untouchable player in the game, trade-wise. Him and Brandon Roy are so talented and so humble, it's awesome to watch them play.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

oh Please there was a trade Chuck Hayes for Anthony Randolph thread in the Garm earlier this year.

Anything is possible.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Celtics got embarrassed by a rookie. I wonder how they will respond on guarding him in game 2. Nonetheless, it was a great performance and a great first playoff game by an amazing player.