1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I would have preferred to be the 6th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

To avoid the Lakers and for Portland to possibly beat the Lakers if they are the 4th or 5th seed. We can beat anybody but the Lakers or Jazz. 5th and 6th seed are almost the same anyway. You both don't have homecourt. We can beat seed 2-7. Is there a rule that we can switch seeds.Just asking! Just my opinion!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think that is why Dallas was so happy, they probably will beat the Spurs...because that team is so hobbled.

DD

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

5th seed is only slightly better than the 8th seed for us.

4. jaychi

jaychi Member

We definitely don't want the 4th-5th and the 8th seed. The ironic thing is dallas has more chances to pass the 2nd round than us because they don't have to play the Lakers. And us, we're a better team but we have less chance to advance because of the seedings. It is crazy and unfair as well. There should have not been an east or west conference. Everyone should be seeded #1-16 so the strong survives

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

God, I am so miserable as a Rockets fan right now. The possiblities of us f_cking up like this was slim, but somehow it happened the way it did. Not only did we had to lose, but Michael Finley had to hit that three. I was so hyped as a 2nd/3rd seed before tonight's game. SH_T!!!!!

6. Super Von

Super Von Member

San Antonio will be in the WCF. All because they are experienced and knew playoffs started TONIGHT. Not on the weekend.

I wish the Rockets were ever that professional.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

We could avoid the Lakers by not making it out the 1st Round, the 1st round is the only concern right now, not all this avoiding the Lakers ****.

8. Super Von

Super Von Member

Avoiding the Lakers is nice to talk about when youre 2 or 3.

Theyre 5th. They dont even homecourt. Forget about the Lakers, theyre probably underdog against Portland.

9. WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy Member

yes, the rockets have put the mavericks in a great position

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the mavericks are in good position for what? if by some miracle they don't get stomped by the spurs, they'll surely get handled by the nuggets. dallas has no shot at a title.

11. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Please think about Portland first.
    Porland will not allow us to win their home game easily.
    Now is not a time to talk about LAL or JAZZ.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Exactly. Even though I like our chances against Portland.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Same here. I thought for sure the Hornets are going to hang on and win it. But damm Finley. The Spurs are so ****ing lucky. Against the Kings, the dam refs literally hand them a win also. Rockets are such a bad luck. I think it has to do with Tmac---dude is a bad karma...he shouldn't be around the Rockets. He continue to plague the Rockets. To make matter worst, the Rockets have a pathetic coach that don't have a clue of what to do when the game is on the line. Have no real advance strategy and don't counter what the other team does on the court. Basically just let it play and see what happened. That is not the type of coaching you want.

14. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Exactly. too early to talk about LAL or Jazz.

15. HTR99

HTR99 Member

I feel ya man. Before today, everything seemed so promising. I thought of the possibility of going to the WCF after being knocked out in the first round year after year. The Dallas game just wasn't a single loss but multiple: we lost a 14 pt lead, we lost the game, we lost the division crown, we lost the 2nd seed, we lost HCA, if we advanced, for two rounds. Too much to take in especially when one game meant so much.

We could have avoided the outcome of this had we played Rockets Basketball and secured the division several weeks ago. Some people were more accepting of a loss as to get it out of our system and no, I'm not expecting a 82-0 year. You just can't afford to lose to a Memphis, Indiana, Philly, Chicago, Milwaukee, NY, etc as these are .500 and under ballclubs. Every loss counts, even more now as you can point to one and say had we won this one or that one.

Now we got to put this one behind us and gear up for Portland.

16. alcatrazpsycho

I would prefer we beat Portland in the first round, beat the Lakers in the second round, and get revenge against the Mavericks in the WCF.

That's what I would prefer.

Signed,
    Rick Adelman

17. jaychi

jaychi Member

What is disheartening is people is going to say that either Denver, SA, Dallas, NO are better than us if they possibly get past the 2nd round because they don't have to play the Lakers in the second round. We know we are better than them and there is no 2nd,3rd place in the NBA. We won't be recognized as a good team because of the seedings.Oh life!

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

lol. were you joking or crazy to dream that?? pathetic..

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its just a tough West, period. Outside the top 2 seeds playing lower seeds in the first round, its brutal up and down. Any team can beat the other one in any series in any round. At least from a Rockets standpoint.

N.O. is disappointing, Blazers are the new kids. Other than that wouldnt be suprised to see any of these teams in the conference finals. Heck, the Blazers are tough against the Lakers at home. Lakers havent won in Portland in 5 years.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Low seed, low expectation! Actually, the 5th is a good thing!

Honestly, I don't think the rockets can beat the mavs if they meet in the 1st round.

The blazers are our best chance even without HCA!