1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaunjon, Apr 13, 2009.

1. leeaser

leeaser Member

I don't think we have to lose anything to avoid the dang jazz. I'm tired of all these "clutch fans" being scared of the jazz in the first round. If you guys think the hornets have been playing horrible as of late, then you need to see the jazz are also losing at the end of the season. AB has his hands full with Deron, but the jazz have no answer for THE GREAT WALL. Ron & Shane have great defensive minds and will probably play their hearts out, so add that to the consistency of Yao and Luis Scola... 2nd round shoe in, no matter who we play in the 1st round. Battier has also been hitting his shots so that is a bonus. GO ROCKETS!

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

wednesday will be a great night for watching basketball the whole night
    i am glad i volunteered to work this night

3. MattM

MattM Member

Exactly. Didn't Dallas let GSW in the playoffs a few years back?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I want us to win the last game against the Mavs because I want another division champion banner hanging from the rafters... the first in 15 years. It would be huge for the players, the fans, and the organization. While I want the most favorable matchups in the playoffs (which has nothing to do with "fear," to all you goofuses out there babbling that nonsense), winning the division trumps all. Were it not within our grasp, it would be worth the conversation about gaming for the best (on paper) first round opponent, but that banner is right there for the taking. Pride, respect around the league, and more season ticket sales for Les and the organization. It seemed unlikely for a long, long time, but by God, it's come down to one game, and it is against the hated Mavs.

Gotta win Wednesday!

5. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

losing is for losers.

as has already been mentioned, this is just flat out wrong. You never choose to end the season with a loss to a bitter rival. Especially when you've got young players on the squad. What kind of message does that send to the players? To the fans? To the other teams in the conference?

You think that if the Rockets tank to avoid the Jazz, whoever they do end up playing isn't going to have a little extra motivation?

Most importantly, if the Rockets lose to the Mavericks, there's an excellent chance they won't even have home court in the first round.

win = 2 or 3 seed and Home court (in at least the first round, maybe beyond)
    loss = 5 seed, with every playoff series on the road.

It's just that simple.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

This is a little off topic, but I dont want to start a thread for it and cant find the answer.

A friend and I are arguing, are the playoffs 2-2-1-1-1 (2 home, 2 away, 1 home, 1 away, 1 home) or 2-3-2? I think it's 2-2-1-1-1, but a friend is saying that its only like that in the finals, all the other games are 2-3-2.

7. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

I believe the format is 2-2-1-1-1 in the first 3 rounds. The final is 2-3-2.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Thank you sir. I'm now $10 richer.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, your friend bet you $10 on something that he could have easily just looked up on google in 5 seconds?? Tell him I have some magic beans I'm looking to sell......

10. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Thanks for the responses guys, finally some fans with confidence in our team come out haha. And just for the record I did not make the video, I just found it on youtube. I wish I knew how or I would have put all the Wafer/ Landry dunks, AB's clutch 3, Yao's three, and other miscellanious highlights that were forgotten in that short video. It still is a great video though. Can't wait til tomorrow, Go Rockets!

11. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i'm still a believer that taking the easiest road to the championship is the best thing for this team. i don't care about egos and revenge, beating the jazz this year, etc... i want what's best for our chances at advancing, and to me that is denver, new orleans and dallas, NOT LA, utah and SA/portland.

what i think will happen?

utah wins tonight against a less than up to it lakers squad.

spurs take out hornets.
    rockets beat mavs.

at least we avoid utah till the 2nd round if they make it, and the lakers till WCF.

12. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I honestly think the easiest way to do that is to get the 2nd/3rd seed and take our chances with either playing Dallas, NO, or Utah which if we advanced we still wouldn't face the Lakers until the WCF. As long as we play hard this last game and get the 3rd seed I don't care who we play in the first round, I think the most important thing is homecourt for this team

How can you say SA and Portland aren't good matchups for us? We should have won the series against SA 3-1 if we didn't blow that 4th quarter lead that one game, and Portland can NOT match up with us. We are the Blazers Jazz

13. rocksclo

rocksclo Member

NO. why would Laker avoid Jazz? Laker's record against Jazz is perfect this season. They want Jazz. and plus, they are still in race with Cavs for home court. Jazz is gonna be 8th seed after tonight.

14. airbulllard

i agree with your point regarding 2 or 3 seed. that is a must, because the lakers are who we want to avoid the longest. jazz being in our side of the bracket or not is secondary. it would be a bonus to have them be 8th seed.

i agree that we play portland/sa well, but i think the mavs and hornets have inferior talent on the teams. hornets have no depth, and mavs are just not that good this year.

15. airbulllard

cavs have clinched home court against the lakers last night.

16. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTuUWW5R6JU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTuUWW5R6JU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/74C3t-KmkYo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/74C3t-KmkYo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9X3LN0yFJwk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9X3LN0yFJwk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

heres a couple vids

17. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

No, it's not, rookie ;)

The Rockets want to WIN OUT! They want home court as long as possible in the playoffs, regardless of the match up.

Now, believe in your Rockets no matter who they play...no matter who they play! 'Cause it's playoff time, baby & anything can happen!

OK, we are a few hours away from everything being set & the playoffs actually starting, but when they do the Rockets will be going in as the No. 2 seed, rest assured. I've hoped for it for weeks, followed Scribo's top-notch "Magic Numbers" thread, as well as BigBigRed's Simulator.

And tomorrow we shall see the likely outcome of a Rocket's & a Blazer's victory to secure home court for the first two rounds of the playoffs. After that, I really don't care. But hey, the thread is called Wednesday , so I'll take a guess @the final outcome of the standings on Wed. How 'bout;

1 LAL____1 CLE
    2 HOU____2 BOS
    3 DEN____3 ORL
    4 SAS____4 ATL
    5 POR____5 MIA
    6 NOH____6 CHI
    7 DAL____7 PHI
    8 UTH____8 DET

18. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

No, they are not. Cavs have clinched home court throughout the playoffs.

19. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

maybe the best vid of rox i have ever seen

20. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Sorry, I missed AirBullard's post.