1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando Sentinel re. TMac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dallas Rocket, Apr 8, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am on the Rocket's side......no players side...the Rockets.

And, I think Tmac is motivated by money and fame, and as such will work hard to try to get his next contract.

Personally, I hope we trade him this offseaon, for the good of him and the franchise.

DD

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good post. Its about time people started 'picking sides' around here. We'll all end up bitter old cusses like the Orlando writer that started this thread.

3. napalm06

lol DAMMIT i meant its about time people STOP picking sides.

Got that folks? STOP picking sides.... *shakes head* :p

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Orlando should be 8th-12th place in the power rankings. They would be lucky to make the playoffs if they were in the West.

5. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Don't quite understand why everyone is bashing the Magic. :confused: They pretty much figured out what we just did about 5 years earlier than we did (about a year ago or in some people's minds - about three months ago). :(

No, I don't hate T-Mac (and I think our chances of advancing on paper would be much better if he was on our bench, didn't have the surgery, and was a TEAM player, but it is what it is - and he is who he is).

Why the hate for the Magic? They're just seeing the glass half-full - same as we are - ever since T-Mac quit on us. I honestly don't believe there are a bunch of folks on Cluchfans that actually think we would be in the same position we are now with the "Tinman" (no disrespect nor a reference to the poster here - but rather a reference to the player with no heart - the real T-Shady).

I really don't have a 2nd favorite team, I've been a Rox fan since I moved to H-town in 1978 and I pretty much quit watching the NBA when Houston is knocked out. However, I respect the Magic, they've got several former Rox (and should have been Rox - e.g. Rashard Lewis) on their team and I actually wish them well as long as they're not playing us.

Yes, the Magic play in the LEastern conference and maybe they lost "less" than we did when they lost (all-star) J. Nelson when we just lost McGrady, but they have won almost 10 more games then we have this season - even if it was mostly against teams the LEastern conference.

However, they did have one of the best road records in the entire NBA.

They don't flop, they don't whine - at least not more than your average NBA team (let alone a team like the Jazz or Mavs), and they aren't in our conference - so I just don't quite feel the hate that some of you do. :confused:

6. napalm06

^^ For the record I didn't consider hating the Magic team. I don't mind them, actually. Dwight is a bit showboaty but I like him and Alston and Lewis and co. They've got a good crew.

I think most of the ire is towards the fact that their beat writers are delusional AND bitter over something that happened years ago. Get over it, life goes on.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Apparently everyone seems to ignore the fact that McGrady was seriously injured this year. Trying to play hurt and failing does not = quitting.

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I'm not exactly updated on the matter but wasn't it T-Mac's fault for not using the summer to re-condition? Or was that not an option?

I love T-Mac. I want him to thrive and I still think that's possible, but you can't help but roll your eyes. This dude is taking $22 million dollars from not just the Rockets, the fans, but also his teammates -- while not directly, definitely taking away what might be another useful and supportive player.

He even took a cheap shot at Yao when with his comment on why he hasn't succeed like Wade or Kobe by saying he wasn't lucky enough to play with Shaq or Duncan.

Yao should say he wasn't lucky enough to play with Kobe or Wade, players who shoot more than 42%, with more than 60% from the FT line.

9. Roxlover

Roxlover Member

Yeah, before 1 year of Tmac leaving Orlando, what did Tmac?
    All of Orlando people are thanking for tmac now. Cuz it's tmac's destroying action made Magic get a good pick for Howard.

So what's Tmac doing now in his heart? He wanna send Rox another good pick for a new star?
    G od belss Moorey Trade him out here as soon as he can.