1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Magic 83

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

great win. good night :eek:

2. Sacephor

Sacephor Member

3. skipsu

skipsu Member

Yao should have 10 babies at least

4. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

I answered already DD about that.

Of course, what you say it's true. But I didn't see good shots in 3d quarter. Crazy layups by Brooks, bad selected shots by Ron... etc

One thing is good shots with rebound, another thing is bad shots with rebound.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Sometimes a bad/rushed shot with Yao having good rebounding position is a good shot.

As for Artest, thats just him doing his thing. I mean come on, the poster play for how to beat the front is the Super Von Wafer reverse tomahawk!

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Anyways, the fact Yao got 20 points and 16 rebounds while being fronted shows the progress the team has made in countering the fronting defense.

Brook's erratic play scares me and does not bode well for the Rockets in the playoffs.

7. M-Y RO

M-Y RO Member

present,who is the best C?
    it's still a problem there? :D

8. lifei

lifei Member

wow,who is the best C?

9. NikonKid

NikonKid Member

10. M-Y RO

M-Y RO Member

five for nba five for wnba :p

11. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Rowdier than the Red Rowdies?

:)

13. M-Y RO

M-Y RO Member

in my class ,it's me
    in nba ,where houston happens :D

14. albuster

albuster Member

Let Nash, CP3, DWill, Jkidd, or even Bibby, anyone of them play with Yao and there should be never never be any question as to who is the best center in the NBA. In other words, give the Rockets an above average PG and there will be no contest as to who is the best C.

15. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

when does the playoff dates come out

16. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

even the rebound leader had to push great Yao in the back to get a rebound. stupid refs just turned a blind eye to it.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well fronting let to good rebounding becuase it was easier for yao to box out. and those rebounds helped with points too so its all connected

18. gogorocketsno1

As I predicted AB got 1 more assist this game :p

19. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Here's a sample quote:

"Who cares about the rockets anyway? Not like they are going to make it out of the first round much less the finals. We will never in life meet this team in the playoffs so they don't matter.

The only team that can stop the Magic from reaching the Finals are the Celtics."

LOL! True bulletin board material (if anyone cared about this idiot).

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea i agreed. People sound like Yao is dominating based on statistics. But that's because Yao scored off of tip in or offensive rebounds. This team will have a problem if they can't get Yao the ball. Yao did not play well today at all....the tip in and offensive rebound make his field goal percentage look good so it was misleading. I didn't think he had a great game. Defensively, it was up and down...offensively, they couldn't get him the ball. This team is going no where if they can't get the ball inside.

I admit, Yao is horrible when it comes to standing balance. Probably the worst in the league. That's why he get push around easily and get fronted even by average JOE player. You put an average JOE player in front of Yao and i have no doubt he will prevent the pass to Yao because feet balance is horrible. Did you see him running up the court and fall because he slightly trip over a player's foot?? This just show you how horrible his balance is. And i believe this is the REAL reason why it's hard to get Yao the ball and why it is easy for ANYONE to front him. And when you pass him the ball, you have to make a perfect pass most of the time just because he has horrible balance.