1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming, it's all your fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lyrix, Apr 5, 2009.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Like i said, Yao will unlikely be traded due to market-wise decisions. Why would DM or let alone, Les Alexander trade Yao and lose all the money they are getting? That's stupid.

2. joesr

joesr Member

I only think this team started building around Yao just recently. So I find you wrong there OP.

3. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

so it's the fault of our team's organizers who made the decision to build our team around yao. :cool:

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

So you want him to cry about the team letting Rafer and JVG go? What's the point in complaining about a trade after it's done? It seems like you want Yao to cry, but how come you're complaining about him crying now? Actually, I'd like to see the quote about him crying that RA is setting him up to fail. The fact is, RA will leave Houston before Yao does, but it can still work. Things aren't as bad as you make it seem. I'm really dissapointed in Ron Artest, but unfortunately, the only players available in the 2009 free-agency are Jamal Crawford, Ben Gordan, and well...Ron himself. We might be stuck with him.

5. platinum

platinum Member

I agree the most part of this thread.

Obviously, RA has his way to use Yao, which is far from some fans, experts understanding of basket ball. If we consider champion is the target, RA will not seceed in his way like he did early his career.

If Yao and RA could win a champion, it need be very very lucky and get help from league. These two factors are never with Houston.

6. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

hahah this is one funny thread

7. joesr

joesr Member

no one said that...

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lol, wow.

I had to get in on this one.

I won't blame Yao yet, but for all the talk about Tracy not making it out of the first round, Yao has been here longer and hasn't sniffed the second round.

Will this franchise ever make it to the 2nd round?

Yao is such a skilled player, but it's so easy to take him out of the game, and with out Tracy we have Ron trying to take over.....it's giving me white hairs!

My gf found my first few white hairs friday night after the game. :(

GO ROCKETS!!!

9. nancychang

nancychang Member

Everybody knew Yao has used up his energy but RA didn't;
    Everybody knew Brooks couldn't do much worse but RA didn't;
    Everybody knew Artest was crazy but RA didn't

Is RA blind or what.

10. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

We're not going anywhere with Yao as the first option.

1) His defense is just turrible.
    2) His offense cancels out his defense which just makes him "another" player
    3) He is too soft mentally and physically
    4) He loses his energy at the end of games which makes fronting easy on him

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The knee-jerk threads continue....

Let's relax for a little bit. We were all so worried about not making the playoffs through out the year, and now that we are, some of us find the need to focus on "things" that aren't there.

6 games left...

12. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Yeah, watching Ron is like watching highschool ball. There always one guy who think he the next MJ or KB regardless of winning or losing. :( It getting clear why teams don't want this guy for a reason.

13. boby

boby Member

Yes, he DID.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#1 may or may not be true, but #2 and 3 are just ClutchFans hate. We don't know what is said behind closed doors between Adelman and Artest, and Brooks is a tough decision. The only other option would be Lowry, who hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire.

15. boby

boby Member

I am 100% with you, man! Yao was set up!!!
    Trade your starting PG without inform your franchise player? Yao doesn't need more shoots? Sc@ew you, RA!

16. boby

boby Member

I don't think you ever tried to read the OP's message.

17. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Rofl at the people who didn't get the sarcasm.

18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I hate when people say Yao is soft.

He's the hardest working person in Rockets, probably one of the hardest working players in the NBA.

Just because he doesn't dunk hard people say he's soft... what apathy.

19. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No one questions Yao's work ethic or his ability to take punishment. What they mean by soft is that he prefers to take fadeaways and most of his moves are going away from the basket. He doesn't initiate contact often and settles for jumpers or turnarounds. Often when he's right under the rim he still chooses to throw something soft up instead of going for the easy dunk.