1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How does banning work?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Bandwagoner, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Fatty FatBastard

I'm pretty sure I hold the record for being "banned" the most.

Oddly enough, I never mean to get banned. Some of my sarcasm comes across a little too harsh at times, I guess.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

sorry for bringing your name into it, but I just remember a specific time and he said 30 days I think. I was really curious since then in how that must be automatic.

Instead of googling it, I decided to post here. :rolleyes:

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As far as the code goes. I think Clutch has to do it manually. There is no ban for 30 days magic button. I think he bans the account but can then un ban it at a later date.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I moderate a bulletin board and there is an option to ban a user for a specific number of hours or days or an "until" date. You simply navigate to the appropriate admin page, enter a username and then select the amount of time you wish to ban him.

5. TheBigAristotle

hard to say caseyh.

i've been banned permanently under previous nicks before. however, i will say this most of the time your first or second offense (provided it isn't a clan recruiting post, etc) will just be a temp timeout.

I am saddened to see one of my nicks banned years ago hasn't been unbanned yet. Tis truly a shame :)

6. SBK#2

SBK#2 Rookie

my account SuperBeeKay got banned because I posted a link to meatspin. Not my fault people clicked it lol

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

lulz

just love the "it aint my fault I did that" defense.

thats damn stupid and you *should* know it.

and, while we are all coming out about our past nicks, how bout you Big Aristotle dude....what other nicks are you referring to? Where they well-known ones to the regs here? or just another nameless member in a hugeass bbs?

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

you people who create new usernames after being banned should think about WHY you were banned in the first place. it's not so you could create a new name and start posting again, as if you one-upped Clutch. AEs (alter egos) are heavily frowned upon on other forums. next step is IP banning.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

What is meatspin? Would you mind posting the link?

10. TheBigAristotle

Some were fairly well-known. All were above 2000 posts. The first one was fairly well-known and it was my first on here back when I was 18 I believe. The second one was a trademark and anyone that knows two words posted frequently in replies to bbs hangouts knows the nick for that one. I'll only give out past nicks if the statue of limitations indicates there will be no banning of this one, lol.

11. TheBigAristotle

That's weird. I've been banned in the past for blatantly crossing the line over and over again and yet you've been able to come back. Maybe the BBS admins smile upon you fatty.

Who knows, lol.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I just find it hard to believe how anyone over the age of 16 or so manage to act foolish enough to get banned from a bulletin board.

13. TheBigAristotle

It's not that hard. There's no magical maturity point at 16 anymore so than there is at 17 or 18. That being said, ideally most should be mature enough around that point but if you were immature like I was with my first two accounts it'll translate into a basketball board too.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Dr. Evil: "Scott, you just don't get it, do ya? You don't."

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i was banned once for posting an article from espn.com i was trying to be sarcastic in the original point but it didnt come out right....didnt even know i was banned for a while.

i am guessing TBA was Sura Faints?

luckily for me my temp ban was during the offseason i'd probably go crazy if it was during the season

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I only really get upset due to insubordination. SamFisher has really tested my patience of late

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Everybody loves a fatty.

18. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Oh God I wish i never googled it. I sure wasn't expecting to see what I saw... :eek: