1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please pray for me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Isabel

Isabel Member

Sounds painful in a way I cannot imagine, but glad you're OK and cancer-free, and that the family jewels are safe!

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ediitttt

3. droxford

droxford Member

Ya know what....

i regret making that last post. If I had edit ability, I'd delete it.

Sorry. I apologize.

I'm a bit too bitter today.

4. droxford

droxford Member

I shouldn't have. I'm sorry, cwebbser.

I'm actually glad you're okay.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's what you get for hanging out with Mazyar. He'll give you tortion something fierce.

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Awesome, glad everything is ok. That "not knowing" phase is tough to deal with.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I saw your thread initially, felt the sympathy for you, did one prayer, and didn't post. But then I get the update... so...

Michael: :( Oh... God... [stomps] God! [throws hockey stick and yellow paper bracelet down] We're gonna beat this, okay? We're gonna... come here [hugs Kevin, everyone including Kevin himself is confused]

Michael [in his office, to the camera]: Well, apparently in the medicine community, negative means good. Which makes absolutely no sense. In the real world community, that would... be... chaos. :eek:

:D

Seriously, though, good to hear. :cool:

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I told you you would be ok! ;)

I had a little cancer scare back in 96. I can relate to the waiting being the hardest part (to quote Tom Petty). Good to hear you are OK, although that exam sounds like pure hell.....

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

a huge relief, congratulations, and thanks for the insight. So glad to hear you're going to be fine.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Forgive my asking, but how would YOU know?

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The problem with this is that there's been suspicion that a lot of cranberry juice leads to kidney stones (I don't know if it's conclusive, though).

12. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Prayers to you and yours, CWebb.

Edit:
    Glad to see you are cancer free!

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Congratulations on your good news... so, uh ... how did they get that nut untwisted ?

14. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

great news. even though i don't know you, i sincerely hope this gives you even more perspective on life (and i'm not insinuating you didn't have that before). it was encouraging to see you praise and thank God for the relief this must have brought you. again, great news!

15. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

Glad that you're OK man!

16. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Thats great to hear. Glad everything turned out good

17. TheBigAristotle

Ouch man, I've heard about those "tortions". They don't sound very fun to have or to undo :eek:.

Very glad it wasn't cancer/more serious though.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Glad it's not cancer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHKMCrDaHRY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHKMCrDaHRY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.scrotalsafetycommission.net/

19. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

I'm praying for ya. Good luck man

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm glad to hear that everything turned out okay!

Cancer is the ABSOLUTE worst thing that I think anyone should have to go through. My grandpa died of terminal cancer (started as bladder cancer) when I was 10. Watching him progress from the strong, stern man that I looked up to, until his death is something that will haunt me for the rest of my life. It is the absolute worst thing. I have watched a few people that I know progress through those horrifying stages.

From the point when I watched my grandpa go through what he did, though, I wanted to go into the medical field and do whatever I could to comfort people and provide quality care to those that need it. I'm early into my career and hope to advance and obtain more schooling, but every day, I go to work thinking of my grandfather and how that whole thing affected me, and I treat people accordingly....

I would like nothing more than to see a cure in my lifetime.