1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Favorite Game Winner [Elie vs EJ]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pete Chilcutt, Apr 1, 2009.

?

Which game winner do you love more?

1. Mario Elie's Kiss of Death

134 vote(s)
    78.4%
  2. Eddie Johnson at the Buzzer

37 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's the video, Kenny fakes out McGrady and hits the 3.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8FGllZ7VKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8FGllZ7VKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Elie's was HUGE in the history of this team. I mean, think about the series that it capped off! Not just that it was a game 7 that helped propel us to a title...but that series was great. Just legendary.

EJ's shot was spectacular, but it was just 1 shot, 1 game without further implications.

And Ralph trumps all, always

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The best part of the playoffs that year was when McGrady stole the ball from Jordan, ushering the Magic into the Finals.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Based on today's NBA game, you would think that every block is a foul. Can't blame the poor guy. :D

5. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

yeah, it's crazy how good he was as a 15 year old in the NBA. those commercials where chris rock was the voice of the puppet were pretty good too. what was the puppet's name? Lil Mac? wait...

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Man Mcgrady was a beast back then.I think he will still comeback to be a good player but nothing close to this. Great memories.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It was "Lil Tracy." I can't believe you don't remember that...

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

That was definately McGrady...at age 15...

9. tinman

Supporting Member

that guy may have been better than McGrady if he was healthy.

At least that dude wearing #1 made it to the Finals.

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Elie's shot. No doubt about it. Game 7 on the road.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

And it had nothing to do with that big fat guy called "Shaq" did it!

Nick Anderson was actually a good player before choking away the finals
    Dennis Scott and Horace Grant made for a pretty strong starting 5 all things considered!

12. tinman

Supporting Member

:D that guy was good too. but it seems that anyone who wears #1 in Orlando gets alot of hype.

The next Magic Johnson, the next.. ;)

that was suppose to be their advantage, how could Kenny/Sam face Penny?

Kenny and Sam did pretty well.

13. Badrose

Badrose Member

Elie, no contest! It was the exclamation point after an epic comeback against the suns. Then, Kenny 3pt shot.

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

lmao. i knew when he kept no. 1 he was cursed.

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

proves once again that tmac would still lose even if he had shaq...

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Elie’s shot by a MILE.

Seriously, I’ve always thought the EJ shot was overrated. In the big picture, it essentially meant nothing since we went on to lose the next 2 games and the series. I mean, how big of a shot was it if the j*zz fans don’t even remember it? And why WOULD they remember it? They won the series 4-2 instead of 4-1. Big deal.

I feel the same way about McGrady’s shot. Who cares? We lost the series! I still think his dunk on Bradley was one of the sickest dunks I’ve ever seen, but again…who cares? The mavprick fans probably don't even remember it. We lost the series and that’s all that matters.

Elie’s shot…oh man…I still remember it like yesterday. I was best man at a wedding that day and the game was during the reception. Me and the groom and a couple of other guys took a bunch of of bottles of champagne down to the parking garage and listened to the 4th quarter on the car radio. When Elie hit that shot, we started yelling so loud that a security guard came around the corner to see what was up. We went back to the reception and got SLOSHED. Good times.

The Sampson shot, I was up in my room watching on a little tv by my bed. I started yelling so loud my parents thought someone had broken into the house and was upstairs trying to kill me! Remember, it was after midnight Houston time.