1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oswalt ... ... pray for rain.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DrewP, Mar 18, 2009.

1. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I never said anything like this :confused:
    I have bad news: I know for sure we aren't going to the playoffs or the world series. I wish we were, but I am not blinded by homer syndrome.

If we take a step back, of course there's little to feel sorry for in the grand scheme of things. I'm talking from my sports-loving heart on a sports message board. This highlights ryan's hilarious "Hmmmmm, you wasted your time ranting about a hobby that people get paid for. No one feels sorry for them. Get a clue." It's a sports message board... The point of the board is to rant about sports... a "hobby people get paid for".

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

How do you know that for sure? We almost made the playoffs last year. Baseball is an interesting sport. The best team on paper doesn't always mean guaranteed success.

3. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

The Cardinals former CY young only pitched 3 games and came just as close as we did. Plus they improved their bullpen this off season that was awful last year. ;)

On the other hand, on paper i thought the Tigers had the best chance by far of going all the way last year after adding a couple big splashes to an already playoff caliber team. That didn't exactly work out. :confused: