1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you want Jerry Sloan to Coach the Rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2009.

?

Would you want Jerry Sloan to Coach the Rockets?

1. Yes, he is a great coach.

143 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. No, I don't want his Jazz @ss to tarnish the Rockets bench.

416 vote(s)
    68.2%
  3. Maybe. Explain.

51 vote(s)
    8.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Anyone who voted yes..... ANYONE. GTFO, or at the least, seriously SERIOUSLY RETHINK YOUR LIFE.

2. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

thats not true. Its Stockton who was constantly asking for plays from the coach because he could not make up his mind on his own. When D-Williams wanted more freedom, he got more freedom.

1 person likes this.
  3. Matchman

thats not fair because Sloan was going up against Jordan the greatest of all time. would u say all 29 other coaches of that time were bad coaches? no, most of them just did not have the blessings of coaching Jordan.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

It seems like some Rocket fans on this board are contemplating being Jazz fans.

1st we had the "Do you want to be more like the Jazz" thread.

Then we had the "What do you admire about the Jazz" thread.

Now this.

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

shameful

6. Matchman

We admire teams and coaches who had constantly achieved success and Jazz is one of them. I admire Sloan because he can coach both offense and defense with or without his stars. His team plays tough defense and runs offensive plays to perfection under any type of pressure. thats actually the kind of basketball that will achieve the most success: unselfish, deciplined basketball.

7. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhDi0Ce_Z5w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhDi0Ce_Z5w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone who voted Yes -- please watch Karl Malone on this play.

I hope this thread's true purpose is to figure out who to kick off the member list.

8. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

If that was the case the OP should have made this a public poll.

9. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Wow, 68% of irrational haters.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're joking, right?

Out of all the choices in the world for being our basketball coach, we're irrational for not wanting Jerry Sloan? We're irrational for not wanting a coach with no rings (I dont care about excuses, nobody gets them, Tmac, Yao, or Sloan). We're irrational for not wanting a coach who encourages play and tactics that undermine the spirit of the game and add to its gradual decline in respect and popularity? I'm a hockey fan as well, and I could not tell you how many fellow fans have NO respect for the NBA because of players like Malone, Kirilenko, and Okur and coaches like Sloan.

Also, you got the hate part right. Maybe the intensity and rivalries in sports make you uncomfortable?

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Whata Crazy idea fora Rockets Fan- almost beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't want that So and So to be anywhere near Houston.The reason being is that he was a DIRTY PLAYER and teaches his players to play DIRTY.

To me the game is a SPORT and should not even have coaches like Jerry Sloan involved and corrupting athletes!!
    NO DIRTY COACH FOR HOUSTON THANKS!!! :p

1 person likes this.
  12. Matchman

maybe the intensity and the rivalries in sports make you to think irrationally?
    Sloan is actually promoting the true way of playing basketball. tough, unselfish, disciplined basketball is how everyone should play the sport. if you think the way they play is undermining the sport, check Artest and Scola on our team. Artest plays just as tough and Scola flops just as much as any other Jazz players

13. johnfitz55

johnfitz55 Member

Hitler was credited with Germany's economic recovery. Would you have liked him to be president of the United States?

14. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

Man, nothing against bashing the Jazz, photoshoping the Jazz hate, and discussing them after a game against them,
    but I feel like this forum has created to many threads and spent way to much time (recently) talking about the Jazz.

No to Sloan! Jazz Suck!

There, I'm done. :D

15. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

If I had to choose between re-marrying my ex-wife or Jerry Sloan coaching the Rox... I think I'd kill myself.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

THat would've been my point, too. What would Sloan bring to table that JVG or Adelman couldn't? Besides, the flopping, dirty playing, and annoying style of defending. Zero Championships in 20 something years with Fraud for 2x MVP.

C'mon, Van Gundy and Adelman could probably do that, too, if they were given that long to coach a team.

Also, plain and simple, as a Rockets fans, like most, dislike everything that situated in Utah. Who cares what he could do with our players . . .could he propel them to a title probably not, like other coaches might?

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I would be embarrassed if he were here coaching Rockets to play the way he's coached his Utah teams over the years.... tough as nails one minute, then falling down like Bambi on Ice the next, all with a big batch of cry baby. No thanks. I'd rather be in last place than call a team he coaches my own.

PS. Sloan will never win a ring coaching the way he does... that should say it all.

18. killer instinct

Sloan coaching the rockets would be like Barkley joining the team.....oh yeah........he did lose everywhere he went like Sloan.

Sloan would take sub par players and make them better.....just what we need.

Too good of a coach for this town......we are band wagonning pipe dreamers.....realists do not fit in....... :(

19. somenobody

somenobody Member

No way! He can never win a championship. If every players become dirty after joining Utah, you know what kind of Utah has. With this dirty style, Utah can be a playoff team, but never can be a contedner of championship.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I definitely think Sloan is a great coach but I also despise that type of coach in the NBA. He uses a system, he doesn't adapt to the talent. The Jazz went out and got his talent for him, Sloan type players played for Sloan, no one else.

He also yells and attacks his players manhood. I am sorry but if I am a 30yr old millionaire with a family and responsibilities I wouldn't be taking any of that kind of crap. No I wouldn't cry like AK but I damn well may pull a Spreewell.

The only other place Jerry Sloan could coach is in the NCAA.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.