1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/28/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Strato

Strato Member

Not to bust any bubbles here ,but it was the Clippers...lol

2. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

He is a very good shooter based on his career .450 fg% and .394 3pt averages (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brian_cook/career_stats.html)
    and he's only played a total of 20 minutes on Rox, so its too small of a sample size to judge him on that, whereas setting a proper pick is fundamental...

3. lyyon

lyyon Member

where is the Sticky's Postgame analysis??

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

My guess is Clutch is still on his way back from the Toyota Center. :D

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So you're saying you've watched every single minute of every single game since Cook arrived??

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

because Barry's on court play is replaceable, deke's isn't....seriously, why can't fans get this. Deke is like 100 years old, he's the only other shot blocker/big man that we have. Why do y'all want him playing garbage minutes? These same fans that want him out therer will be the first ones to crucify Ademan for letting him play if Deke gets injured.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

also, barry's games involves him dealing with the other players, so he needs some time to work some plays, while Deke's game is just rebounding, shot blocking, throwing outlet passes, etc. He doesn't need in-game practice, not worth the risk..

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Recently, Battier has played really well. It seems he has recovered from his injury completely!

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

You fooled me, I didn't get to see the game and I thought this was the post game thread.

10. lyyon

lyyon Member

YAO dominated, that's all...

11. worzel gummidge

Cook has a player option for next season.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I've seen him hit one. I forget when it was, but I've seen it.

That being said, I haven't seen Cook do much of anything good when he does actually get minutes. He tries hard to show what he's got, but what he's got is apparently pretty bad.

13. Yao-11

Yao-11 New Member

:mad: Suck Brooks!!! he dont how to pass the ball and assist!!! I hope we can trade him to get more better player. we need a team player, always consider the team frist.............

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the team had 22 assists tonight, and the highest assist man had 4. brooks and lowry were penetrating all night. plus he was hitting his threes...

what's to moan about?

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

He took more shots than Yao. :rolleyes:

16. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

how many times brooks got 0 ast and take the most shots in a game?that will kill us in playoffs.

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

None?

18. choujie

choujie Member

AB shot well from 3 point line in first half. But his penetration was for his own shot, he still can't find wide open teammates once he decides to drive. Atest has the same problem, never passed out when he's guarded by 3 guys down low.

Tonight Yao got the ball in better position, and even received the ball when he moved toward the middle quite a few times. But none of those passes were from AB. Any ohter starting point guard would get several assists just by passing to Yao alone.

Our guards again shot 14/33 against no defense Clippers team.

Like it or not, a team depends on Artest and AB's shooting rather than Yao and Scola's shooting doesn't sound too well in playoffs.

19. blender

blender Member

Most of the passes to Yao in the post are coming from Battier and Artest, not Brooks, but this is how the offense has been set up of late. If Yao is getting a decent number of touches in the post overall, I don't see the problem.

My feeling is that Adelman wants Brooks to be agressive and look for his shot. When Brooks has his offense going, it opens things up for other players, including Yao and Scola.

I think the point guards are doing fine, but I am concerned about the SG spot of late. Artest's play is off, perhaps because of his ankle, and Wafer's inconsistency on the defensive side could become a problem.

20. choujie

choujie Member

if that's true, I can see why Adelman wants Brooks to look for his shots, because he can't make the right pass anyway. On one play, Yao got deep position, AB looked at him and hesitated, Yao had to move out the lane in fear of 3 seconds call, then AB passed to Hayes, who of course missed the shot. It's not like AB doesn't want to pass Yao the ball, but he obviously has trouble understanding when, where and how to do that. We can only hope he'll do better at getting Yao the ball or getting hot at the right time in playoffs.