1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Jazz 99, Rockets 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cav000

Cav000 Member

agree...Yao is just = Okur ...not any better

2. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

man ron artest is so unathletic... he is hop and dribbling is so comparable to yao's

3. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

no poise whatsoever. wafer and lowry just running out of control. they're fans must really SCREW up our players brains. damn they have a great crowd. im jealous. :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I've tried that the last 2 years. we won't beat the jazz in 7, face it.

5. jshabang

jshabang Member

u been makin sense all night man....

but just a note........

ronnie is far from a scrub my man......hes a young animal athlete....long, lean, athletic as hell, and young= nightmare match up.........

hes coming into his own is is arguebly one of the west best all around 2 guards....just a quick note.....

6. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

no discipline
    no mind
    no coach

7. hansye

hansye Member

We misses Carl L today.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rookie indeed...

9. 541team

541team Member

Just wondering - Does our coaches feel the pain the Jass left us? I would rather take the W from Spur in exchange with this game.

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

best west all around 2 guards?!? Please I been tracking my fantasy team all year long and he was on the waiver in a 12 player league. I can go on all night naming better young 2 guards than him in just the West

11. ibm

ibm Member

what are you talking about? this is the game where yao played his best defense on boozer. if he played defense on boozer 2 years ago, we'd have won that series 4-1.

on offense tonight, yao and scola were the least of our concerns.

12. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

Be serious! You realize that he is a center, and that his handling of the ball relies on his teammates passing him the ball?

13. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets will be fine. Missing Landry tonight and poor shooting killed the team. Yao needs to take more than just shots. They did a great job on the boards. Just need to play the game slower can not run with the Jazz. Rockets should be back in 2nd tomorrow. Jazz play the Suns on a b2b and Spurs play the Hawks on b2b.

14. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

ROn and Wafer are just like chicken without head...
    Wafer got blocked once ,twice.......

15. 34to11

34to11 Member

No, it means that if you ever want to consider yourself a championship level team you have to be willing to meet the challenges that come with.

You don't back into a championship.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I thought the Rockets played hard but not well. I will give them this, they never quit. Other than that:

1. when you shoot that poorly, miss that many layups, take that many bad shots you won't beat a little dribbler's team.
    2. the Jazz have a greater number of talented players
    3. the Jazz are a terrible match up for the Rockets; if we played them a hundred games, they would probably win 75 of them.
    4. every weakness of the current team was exposed tonight such as we have no size at the guard position, we have very few consistent shooters, Yao doesn't do well in a fast paced, physical game, he can't hold onto the ball, when Artest goes Globetrotter, ISO, wacko, or whatever you want to call it, he sinks the ship, etc.
    5. the Jazz have more talented players and are a terrible match up for the Rockets.
    6. Battier had one of his better games.
    7. the Jazz have more talented players and are a terrible match up for the Rockets.

Personally, if LA draws the Jazz in the first round, I think the Jazz will win in seven. If the Rockets draw the Jazz, the Jazz will win in six. If the Spurs draw the Jazz in the first round, the Jazz will win in seven. I honestly think the Jazz have a good chance of winning the West. And that makes me sick of my stomach.

17. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

70% tmac's lazy pass >>>>> 100% artest's selfish shot...
    :mad:

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Lol, what? What else does he need to take? Steroids?

And since the Spurs won today, and we lost today, I think we need to win two games, when the spurs lose one, for us to be in 2nd again.

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

artest got blocked X times Yao got blocked twice man i lost count about the others

20. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Not hard to figure this one out:

35% shooting
    Utah bench 38, Rockets bench 9

Rockets with three double-doubles, +10 offense rebounds, +11 total rebounds, second chance points <10; worse game all year for the bench; hustle points: not many :eek: :( :mad:

We missed Carl; Rockets missed mpst of everything else