1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Fans showed up in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coob5, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Coob5

Coob5 Member

I drove to San Antonio from Austin today with some friends to catch the game. WOW, what a great showing from the Houston fans, there were tons of us in the crowd, cheering the Rockets on. I was fortunate enough to sit behind a row of about 10 fans and they were pretty rowdy in section 222. The San Antonio fans were so pissed at us when we were chanting D-FENCE and cheering the Rockets on. They repeatedly shouted un-original lines such as "Go back to Houston" and "Houston sucks". We shouted back "We'll go home after we beat you." What a great feeling it was when Scola's layup gave us the lead and ultimately the victory. Spurs fans were pissed and immediately started leaving as soon as Scola got the last rebound. On the way out I encountered countless Rockets fans and we chanted "HOUUUUSSTON Rocccckkets."

I want to say thanks to all of the Houston fans who made it out. We made some noise and we have the best fans in the league. Houston Rockets are number 2 in the west. Let's finish strong Rockets!

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. newdaycomenow

newdaycomenow Member

Admiring......
    I am watering.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have to take this pilgrimage next season. It should be a right of passage for a TRUE Rockets fan.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

nice pics

the reason why so many more than usual is that this was the Rockets Season-ticket Holders Roadtrip.
    The Rockets paid for a bunch of the season tix people to go there with the team.

Not to discount our guys and gals out in the I-35 triangle area, but they had alot of backup this time up there in Spurs country.

5. Coob5

Coob5 Member

They must have been sitting behind the goal in the upper deck because there was a whole section of Rocket's fans there. Either way, this was one of the sweetest victories I have ever seen. We beat the Spurs in their house to take the lead in the SW division and the number 2 playoff seed, the next best thing is winning a playoff series and then hopefully a championship. Is it true that this is the first time we have been on top of the SW division in 15 years?

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

no. we had the division lead on Christmas Day

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yeah, that must have been them, they showed them on the broadcast and they were all together at the top of a section.

and as far as the factoid, that sounds about right....we may have been tops early in the first couple of weeks of a season here and there(as x110st refers to above).....but tops in our division this late in the season??? not since 94 IIRC

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

awesome that yall REPRESENTED! I was planning on going, even had the day off, but nobody i knew wanted to do the trip, so I just went to work

then.... ryan_98 txt me saying the player intros in SA suck, damn u ryan.... :p

anyways, I'm down to go to SA for the playoffs, I'd go to Dallas, but the fans are pretty ignorant bandwagoners at AA arena.

btw, I wasn't contacted about a season ticket trip there, I need to scream at my rep tomorrow..... :D

9. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

i hope i can be in the game to shout for Houstoj oneday!!!

10. jedicro

jedicro Member

For a couple days or maybe a week last year towards the end of the streak we were number one in the conference. That's not much earlier in the year than now.

So I think that factoid is pretty much wrong.

11. rocketshopeful

I was going to post pics as well, but you basically got the same screenshots. I took alot of the huddle during the time-outs, and obv the final scoreboard.

It was good to see all the rox fans out there.

12. jaymeeh

jaymeeh Member

it said the latest we've been #1. we were number one last year yes, but earlier than this time in the season.

13. acjeitherocket

dam ima have to go to an away game in the playoffs if e play SA or dallas...if not ill go to one nexxt season..i kno that **** will be intense

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

how lucky, man i wish i can go watch my rockets outa houston and beat the home team.

15. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

Hey, we were even the top seed for awhile last year after we beat the Lakers in that 22 wins

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

lets hope it lasts longer than two days this time.

17. okevino

okevino Rookie

"We'll go home after we beat you"

roflmfao...

18. MONON

MONON Member

Had the granddaughters out here in the hill country for spring break. We went into San Antonio to see the Alamo on Saturday & I was somewhat surprised to see several Rockets jerseys walking around.

Sunday we had to take the granddaughters back to Houston. Coming back from Houston, we listened to the 4th quarter of the game. There were enough Rockets fans there that I couldn't tell from the crowd noise which team had made the play. Boy, that was exciting!!!

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Yeah dude! Awesome! Go Rockets!!!

20. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

where are the houston fans? i didn't find them in the pics. :rolleyes: