1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 87, Spurs 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

lol.. dude landry got shot.

2. rangle.gege

rangle.gege Member

OHMYGOD, that could explain why I felt soooo nice when I woke up this morning. Keep going..... I love this game!

3. boned

boned New Member

i think that adelman should cry:' pass! YAO' in the key time. :cool:

4. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

revenge!!!!
    but thinking of last close loss to spurs,we did a little better in the final secends ,Great Job by Yao ,Scola ,AB.
    we have to handle the 'frongting Yao' problem ,then we are healthy
    Scola got the most Assist? what AB and Cyle did?

5. rocketshopeful

What a game! Just came back from the ATT Center (not too impressed with that arena). Here are some observations.

- Houston really reps in SA, At least one Rocket fan in each row in my section, and were big groups of them outstide ATT Center outside after the game

- Game definitley had a playoff atmosphere to it

- almost every rocket player looked like they had a couple plays of just mental lapse early on, but the passing in the 4th quarter by the entire team was much more crisp

- Yao looked half-asleep in the 1st quarter. You could clearly see he played with a different level of urgency by the 4th (as one would hope). Again, amazing passes @ the end. The Spurs fans to left and right of me were pulling their hair out and I loved it

-Ron carried the load for the first 3 quarters. He should have passed a little more, but he was consistently driving to hole the entire game. Spurs fan's clearly thought he wasnt getting fouled. I saw some gimme's but I also saw some plays where the refs held the whistle

- As soon as Lowry was taken out of the game, the spurs wasted no time attacking Aaron. Even spurs fans knew it was a mismatch and were calling the play for parker. Aaron needed to make Parker pay for it more on the offensive end. He did have a huge shot in the final minutes

- Barry's reverse was particularly impressive in person. Didn't think he could still do that at his age.

-Scola seemed like are only consistent rebounder

- Wafer was non-existant

- The defense by both teams during stretches was flat-out amazing.

One of the best regular season games I have attended (only have been to a handful in recent years)

nice win!

1 person likes this.
  6. kaninthy

kaninthy Member

good hard fought win. 2nd place in the west. 1st in divison for now. big game on tuesday. kill tho stupid floopers in salt lake.

7. Humer

Humer Member

Great TEAM win. Besides Scola, no one was playing a great game. However, they pulled together when it counted, played great team ball, and won a difficult game. There were also several times during the game when the Rocks could have folded, but instead nutted up and did what had to be done to win. :D

A great thing is that we had several players that had off games (wafer, AB) and missing (Landry - almost-bullet-proof-monk) - imagine how good we'll be when all the cylinders are clicking.

-Humer

8. CFMars

CFMars Member

Wicked Sick!
    Scolar is THE monster tonite. Hardly imagine we took over the SW lead!
    C'mon Utah, u r the next :cool:

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Roger that ;)

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm laughing at anyone who thinks we will drop the 2nd seed so easily.

Look at our past games...all games the Rox has stepped up. They knew what we were fighting for against Devner, Hornets, and the Spurs. Road games too.

I expect this win to show the Rox that they can go into Utah and win, despite not getting any call in San Antonio they know they can do this and we gotta play Chuck more.

We know what is going to happen if Yao guard Memo or Okur...We better be prepared for it.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

One of these days the players on this team are going to have good games the same night. That has not happened so far this season, but when it does, somebody is going to be blown out. I hope it happens during the playoffs. Only Scola has been relatively consistent.

12. RYA408

RYA408 Member

It's good we're moving up but I actually don't like where we are at right now. I don't want the Rockets to face the Jazz in the first round.

13. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Nice game, nice win. But defensive rebs need to keep better

14. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

is all a team has to do is put somebody in front of yao and hes ineffective then the rockets wont get out of the first round.The only way to stop this fronting nonsense is to continue to throw him the ball while hes being fronted and force him to catch it.

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i went to the game today....believe me, spurs fans are weird as hell, video will be provided later :D

16. zboooot

zboooot Member

without AB 2for10 . we won easily

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who had a bad game during the Cleveland game?

I remember we whooped up on them pretty bad and I don't remember anyone having a bad game.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

IS there going to be a ROCKET REWIND at mid night tonight on fsh? Missed the game and was hoping for a recap

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i agree. the jazz need to ****in win some games like theyre supposed to so we dont have to play them.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

wins don't just involve one team, other teams have a say in it as well. Just like this team is making progress, other teams are too. The spurs only play 1 playoff team for the next 6 games, that being NO who they should beat. We play like 5 in the next 6 games. Its realistic for the spurs to go 6-0 in their next 6 and for us to lose 1 or 2. It doesn't mean Houston will flake out or anything, just ease of schedule.