1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This country is getting worse, not just economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rfila, Mar 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a cool cat right here fellas.

2. rfila

rfila Member

I did not feel like to until I read your last sentence.

3. rfila

rfila Member

If it was not offensive, I do not know what it was. As for whether it is stupid, we have different opionions.

I am usually quite open minded. I have never attacked anyone on this board just for stating his opinion. But when someone attrack me, I have to denfend.

I have no doubt there are a lot of intelligent and knowlegable people on this board. I have also found that those trying to make a name by attacking other posters do not belong to that group.

I think I will visit Texas one day. I have heard about it and I do want to see with my own eyes.

4. rfila

rfila Member

I did live in small town in New England and small city in Midwest for quite a few years. Too bad I have to live in a city like LA for some reason.

I remember many years ago I was talking with my friends about my NYC experience and I said: "people told me that you can't say you have been to America without visiting New York City" and one of my friends answered:"New York is not America"

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The guy you just attacked was in no way attacking you.

Kim is right, you are WAY too defensive and quick to snap at perceived slights towards you.

seems like a case of moral decay you might want to work on. :rolleyes:

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I believe that there is an inverse relationship between intelligence and fertility.

7. rfila

rfila Member

the following quote is the last sentence of his first reply:

While I do not know "thei country" mean to be "the country" or "their country", I do know the later part was taking a shot at the poster, not the post itself.

A year or two ago, I said you like to talk from your high horse. This reply seems to be just your style.

Congrats on becoming crew member, BTW :rolleyes:

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You seem kind of touchy. Get stuck in a traffic jam today?

9. rfila

rfila Member

big deal. If he feels like to ban me then ban me.

I would rather to have a reasonal discussion with thoughtful people than taking **** like that.

10. Mr. Clutch

Im sure you will be banned. Might as well let it all out while you can.

11. rfila

rfila Member

If it is a sure thing I will be banned for that, I actually do not want to say anything anymore. Because a site ruled that way does not deserve my time.

12. Mr. Clutch

You should say more just to make sure you get banned.

13. Classic

Classic Member

To the OP,

I do believe that the overall morality of society is probably less than what it was 40 years ago. I think your qualifying statements are pretty weak to get the point accross. If it were me, I would have brought up maybe the Stanford finacial mess, Maldoff, the greedyness/consumerism that has helped lead to all the foreclosures, the skyrocketing rate of consumer debt, crime statistics, bibles being thrown out of hotels, sexual preditors, Bill Clinton lying to the nation about Monica Lewinsky, STD/AIDs rates, school shootings, teachings having sex with students, children born out of wedlock, divorce statistics, or anything else that are topics we might have opinions on that could actually support the topic.

Just my opinion but I do agree that the overall morality of society is going down the ****ter. Why wouldn't it though? According to the Darwinists and Evolutionists, we're all just animals anyways right?

14. rfila

rfila Member

I do agree every word you wrote until the conclusion.

You gave a lot of examples which I had thought about. I really did not come to my conclusion just based the two examples I gave in my original post. And I agree with you that my qualifying statements are pretty weak to get the point accross. But it was just a casual forum discussion, I thought many people would feel the same way as I did and if they are interested to talk about it, they will add their own. It was really just a casual discussion thread in D&D.

As for your conclusion, I actually beileve at some stage of human civilization, the overall morality of society will go up because when people have better understanding about the nature, the life and the function of human society, they will act more rational and responsible. That will difinitely help the morality of the society.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So I take it the OP is a tree hugging PETA member vegetarian activist that drives a Prius?

16. rfila

rfila Member

nope. I am not up there yet.