1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UPSET?] UH VS Memphis

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Major Malcontent, Mar 13, 2009.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Word...

Penders is putting up 20 win seasons consistently, so i doubt he's on the hot seat...although I'd love to see them beat Memphis, just once...to get into the dance that is...next year it is...

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I think he is on the hot seat. Another season w/o going to the NCAA's. That's the goal. No if and or buts or 20-win seasons will do it. He needs to get us over the hump like Briles and Sumlin have.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you forgot to write Boom

4. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Not likely since Memphis has already signed the no. 2 and no. 3 ranked recruits for next year and is the favorite to land the no. 1 recruit. They are already saying it is probably the greatest recruiting class in ncaa history. Of course, you still have to do it on the court, but they have been doing that as well. They also have a freshman, Wesley Witherspoon, whose progress was slowed by a knee injury. He looks to me to be another CDR but with an outside shot. He is 6' 8" with pg skills.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to Jerome Solomon, 99 teams won 20+ games this year.

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I am sure he is on the hotseat, but UH is not going to buy him out of the contract. He will get to coach next year and then have his contract not renewed. The offense of "Chuck a 3 and try to get the rebound" doesn't work against quality teams. Penders seems to not understand that. His post-game interview was almost as foul as the game. "We were tired", "They weren't going to play two bad games in a row", "They have our number". Please. I am tired of Penders.

I support the football team with my dollars because they are putting out a good product on the field. A competitive team that is entertaining. UH basketball is boring and badly coached. It is time for a change.

7. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

So, ummm...wtf? Oregon State? Dear god!

8. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I think if BCG gets the boot from Kentucky they should dump Penders and go hard after him. He did wonders at A&M and recruits Texas pretty well.