1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 95, Hornets 84

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yao just can't play a full quarter to be effective in the 4th quarter. With Deke's great shape and play, he and Yao perhaps should share PT as follows:

Yao 7-8 minutes and Deke 4-5 minutes per quarter.

Having Yao played not for a full quarter and not exceeding 24 minutes in the first 3 quarters, he would not be too tired in the 4th quarter and would be able to help Rox closing out games. An exhausted Yao just can't deal with fronting/doubling offense.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I said we would win this game.

Now we just need to keep peaking like Battier said and Yao to reintegrate into the team

3. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

If that great pass could inspire every Rocket to try to get 5 assists per game, the sky is the limit. :)

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

true, but i think Lowry has been limited so far because he hasn't been here enough to know the offense front and back. You'll continue to see more of Lowry finishing games, and adelman playing matchups at the point. Just giving a heads up because i'm sure we'll have a bench brooks thread and a bench lowry thread on a weekly basis...

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

People want to ask, who's the closer of this team? Yao? Artest? One of the point guards?

We saw today at least how we SHOULD be closing games: DEFENSE, TEAM-oriented offense, and the hustle plays. We need to stop putting ourselves in a position where we need a last possession on offense to win the game. Why do that when we can just play great, hard-nosed defense, get the bonus possessions via offensive rebounds, loose balls, etc. and we won't even have to worry about the last possession offense (because we know, that is awful for us). What we saw tonight from pretty much everyone is what we'll need every game in the playoffs to win. We DOMINATED New Orleans at the end of the 4th quarter because of what I listed above, thus not putting us in a position to fail at the end because our lead was too insurmountable.

Specifically on offense, there was no Yao to force-feed. No T-Mac to feed. Artest had an awful shooting night, but he was simply playing his role (to score). That's going to be his role on the team whether we like it or not. But the thing is the team didn't really defer to him. The challenge is having them integrated with the stars. Not sure if it'll ever work.

I was wrong. I wouldn't mind playing New Orleans in the 1st round at all. BUT Mount Mutombo must get playing time along with Barry!

6. somenobody

somenobody Member

Rick should play Deke more when Yao sits. I think he can play 10-15 min every game.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Sensational game w/o Yao.

and how about Barry!!! solid minutes.

Lowry muscled up with CP3,and played excellent.
    AB had an excellent first few minutes, and a few nice buckets late in the game.

Any one notice CP3 extend his back leg into Landry after Landry blocked him? I was hoping CP3 would catch a Motombo elbow.

DEKE!!!! 3 sensational blocks.

Scola was dominant early.
    Landry contributed solidly.

Wafer distributed, very impressive.

and even though nothing fell for him in the first half,
    credit Ron for having no memory of it and delivering a dominant second.
    loved how he manhandled Posey.

Lowry really fits with our strong defense. Really loving his game.

8. snitch

snitch Member

another example of great team work!! :D

9. snitch

snitch Member

cheers to morey for bringing lowry in houston! :D

10. rocket_88

rocket_88 Member

Those are fantastic assists. Not average one. If you watch the game, they will make you jump. Awsome :D

11. somenobody

somenobody Member

This is so correct!

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Wafer reminded me of James Worthy tonight.
    That one track going to the basket mentality, drawing and dishing.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Excellent defensive effort, perhaps the best of the year. Mutombo needs to get more minutes. Wafer played his best game as a Rocket. Artest almost shot the team out of the game, I knew he would be chucking with Yao out, but he finally started driving; he needs to do that more often. Landry with a monster effort. Overall a great team game.

14. Alfredo82

Alfredo82 Member

wow, big winnnnnn ;)

15. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Could this be the BEST defensive lineup in the entire league? Or even best ever if Deke is 30 years younger. :D

16. nait

nait Member

then you are a joke.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Great win.

This is the smarter Von Wafer has ever played. He let the game come to him and actually looked like a playmaker at times.

Ron started off rough but redeemed himself in the 2nd half.

I'm just glad to see this team not cave in after the Hornets started the 2nd half off on a 8-0 to give them an 11 point lead.

18. rocketsallday

rocketsallday Member

Increase Size Decrease Size

Now if we wouldve lost you wouldn't have those kind of a words for MR. Artest

Nice win and GREAT game Aaron did anybody forget about him, And oh yeah Lowry , and Artest I swear you take that many *****in threes in a game and miss all of em Imma kick yo ass , nah jus playing but I will start a hate Artest thread

19. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Great TEAM effort and win! As Bull would say: super huffort!

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Well, duh?

If T-Mac passed the first round, people would stop calling him a 2nd round virgin? Duh? If he led the Rockets to a 3-peat, people would stop bashing him? DUH? :rolleyes:

Great game. Didn't watch.