1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Celebrity Apprentice 2009

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anyone still watch this show? I know....I can't help it. I still love it.

I have a lot of respect for Scott Hamilton, having survived cancer and all, but that was pretty crappy of him trying to pen his HORRIBLE performance as PM on Tom Green. What was the deal with him deciding to name that character "EEE"??? He also got desperate at the end and tried to appeal to Trump by saying he was a cancer survivor....forgetting that they guy sitting right next to him (Tom) was ALSO a cancer survivor. Oops.

Scott, you're fired.

EDIT: Who is that golfer chick? She's actually hotter than the playmate (with the collagen lips).

And how about Herschell Walker? When he kept saying "shet up!! just shet up!!!!" LOL.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I have it DVR'ed and will probably watch it tonight before the rockets game

#2 VooDooPope, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ivanka Trump is so fine, I remember Donald saying that if she wasn't his daughter she'd probably be his girlfriend.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I saw the end last night. Scott acted like a jerk. Tom really kept his composure, maybe it was an act. I cracked up when Scott reprimanded Tom for interrupting him when all Tom wanted to add was "we're both fighting for the same cause."

The golfer chick is the chick who kissed the phallis trophy.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

+1000

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I really didn't like Green's disposition in the board room, he kept repeating "that's not true, that's not true", it got a bit annoying. I missed whole episode except for the board room, will catch up on hulu... after i handle my devastating tax issue -.-;;. I really like the men's team, too bad they kept losing to the ladies. I was sure they won the cupcake challenge. Just wait until Rodman blows up on someone, that's going to be some great TV, also Jesse's hostility towards the country singer should be closely monitored as well.

7. kikimama

kikimama Member

Tom Green and the Zappos CEO moment was GOLD!
    The CEO is so stiff, probably because he is nervous in front of so many b-list stars but you guys gotta see this part:

CEO: "Let me put it this way: Humor is not unacceptable"
    Tom: "Oh I see it, humor is something that is acceptable in a commercial, to uh try to get a laugh. It could be an attempt at humor and not be funny and that wouldn't be good."

It was "The Office" kind of awkward.

Everyone had the "WTF" face on.

8. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Natalie Gulbis. If I'm not mistaken, Ben Rothlesberger dated her at one time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ima_drummer2k

Wow, Rodman gets drunk, bangs the wedding dress model and ends up sleeping through the entire task the next day? And doesn't get fired? Tom Green must have really ****ed up.

I love how every "task" just turns into a contest to see who can con the most money out of their friends/contacts. It really has nothing to do with selling, it's just who has the richest friends and how quickly they can come down and drop off a check.

I can't decide whose plastic surgery looks worse - Joan Rivers or Brandy Roderick. Both of their upper lips look like balloons.

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

First of all, fake or not, Brande is stunningly gorgeous. Joan... not so.

Secondly, I totally agree, ultimately the winner will be a person who has rich friends and a clever disposition.

The hardest worker last night as Brian and Jesse, they both seem to understand what is needed of them. Rodman is on the show to be on the show, his productivity is non-existent, to say the least.

On the women's team, I feel that a person like Annie Duke should be the first to go, purely because of her demeanor during the cupcake challenge. Telling her sponsors to their face that they can't purchase all the cupcakes because they're on short supply is a bit ridiculous. But unfortunately, because of her rich poker friends, the team will most likely keep her and cut someone else, and that's just a necessary evil.

11. Smokey

Pretty much. Tom was the project manager so ultimately he is responsible for winning or losing.

A lot of things figured into his firing:

1) Last week.
    2) Going out to drink with Rodman and the model.
    3) Perception of waking up late.
    4) Did nothing as PM.
    5) Inability to control Rodman.
    6) Defense of Rodman.

Trump knows he has got to keep Rodman. He is the most recognizable male celebrity and his antics will keep viewers around.

12. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

The Broke Celebrity Apprentice 2009

13. no_answer

no_answer Member

Looks like it's Clint Black vs Rodman next time, who's going home? Clint, because Rodman can do whatever he wants. Boring. The girls are boring, the guys are boring. It's boring.

14. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

hey what's up

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only one still watching this, always really enjoyed this show but like someone mentioned the celeb verison pretty much a test of who has the richest friends.

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Lmfao, did Rodman just flip out cuz the country singer won the coin flip?

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Haven't missed a season in years. I'm enjoying the current one.
    My thoughts on tonights episode:

My seniorita had her radar out for Claudia from the start of the season and I've been coming around lately. Claudia was a combination of b*tch and Idiot. I really don't know how or why she was on the show. Ole girl is famous for holding a bloody briefcase on a tv show!!! Anyways we knew she would be eliminated as soon as we saw her become P.M. As annoying as Melissa Rivers and her mom are, Claudia was a bit more irritating.
    Claudia did get some good digs in at Melissa-"What have you actually produced?" and Melissa's answer-"The E Red Carpet show" among other things does not really count because we all know the only reason she got to produce that or she is even relevant is because of her mommy.
    I was never a big fan of Khloe Kardashian but OMG she has vaulted to the top of my Kardashian sisters list. That girl lost a bit of weight and she is still quite curvy. Unlike Kim, I think we know for sure that she's all natural-top and bottom.

Lastly, watching Dennis Rodman on the show just reminds me how overrated a player he was. I mean seriously, what did he really bring to a team on the court? Yeah he could get into the mind of players like Karl Malone etc but the only thing he could do well was rebound and play a bit of defense and he gets way more credit than need be. Tons of players have gone through the league and played more tenacious D than Rodman, rebounded on par with him AND become better scorers than him.
    Get the bozo off the show already.

Oh and Natalie Gulbis is niice.

18. ima_drummer2k

Yeah, I really didn’t understand why Claudia was there in the first place. I know she is a briefcase woman for that show, but aren’t there 50 other briefcase women? I thought in order to be a “celebrity” people had to actually KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Is there anyone in the world who would actually recognize her walking down the street? I’m glad she’s gone.

I thought the guys presentation was kind of lame. It was basically a Brian McKnight concert that had chicks dancing around holding phones. But the girls wasn’t much better. That “wedding proposal” was super lame. And Rodman’s 15 minutes are up. I’ve never understood the fascination with him. Yes, he dresses differently, but the guy has zero personality.

Anyway, it looks like they’re going to focus on his drinking problem next week. That should be interesting.

19. Smokey

"Mom, please help!"

LMAO.

20. ima_drummer2k

That was bush of Trump to fire the TLC chick. She did nothing to deserve it. She even won the last task. Trump was just showboating for TV and she ended up paying the price.

I'm glad he fired that loser nobody Chloe. All she did was complain the whole time. Besides, this is supposed to be Celebrity Apprentice...not WANNA BE A Celebrity Apprentice.

Hey Chloe......just and FYI.....having a rich dad and a hot sister doesn't make you a celebrity.....