1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The GARM is Boring

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ElPigto, Mar 15, 2009.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The game and post-game threads are already difficult to follow unless you've got a LOT of free-time to refresh over and over, so I think this is a good idea.

Only contributing members can start threads for the first 6 hours after a game or something... that way members can only start swarming after they've slept or at least chilled off from their post-game hysteria, and can think more clearly.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

LOL please explain how?

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Unfortunatley the GARM split worst than the Oilers with Kevin Gilbride and Buddy Ryan....

Too many people on here are cheering for individuals instead of a team and then look for reasons to blame someone....

Dang, I miss the old days, when we just talked Rockets... Not individuals...

4. newengland

newengland Member

With only reading the OP's post, I sensed that even this thread would have beocme a finger pointing fiasco. Am I right?

5. Crab_Dribble

Crab_Dribble Member

In the future, Rick Adelman needs to go.

Right now, Lowry needs to start and play 35+ minutes or we're going to end up with the 8th seed and get trounced by the Lakers in the first round.

6. fumduck

fumduck Member

Okay, I know this sounds r****ded, but what does GARM stand for? I have been reading these posts for years, and have recently signed in. But I have never been able to figure out what GARM stands for. Thanks in advance for the explanation.

7. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Game Action & Roster Moves. It's just the name of this sub-forum.

I'm in complete agreement with the OP here. I used to enjoy reading most of the stuff in here, but now it's almost intolerable. Same old **** after any loss, and even after some wins.

I think waaay too many people gained Member status entirely too easily. Is it really so easy these days that you can be upgraded on the strength of one or two posts? I see guys that joined in February with 50 posts cranking out the same threads over and over. There's simply got to be a change in the requirements for member status, because while some of them may know basketball, they just don't know ClutchFans. There really needs to be a year of active posting before anyone can be considered for member status. It's out of hand.

8. OlajuwonShake34

Our expectations get higher and higher every season and our fans get more angry as our expectations grow.

It's starting to become so annoying how people change their mind just because of one game.

I really hope the playoffs will teach us all a lesson though.

9. Hou.SportsFan

Hou.SportsFan Contributing Member

Best thread in the GARM at the moment imo (besides scribbo's magic numbers). I was so excited when i found Clutchfans because I have been a Rockets fan since the champship days, but just turned into what all of my friends consider obsessed. During the offseason and before the year started there were so many interesting threads, and this was such a great place to find everything Rockets. But because of all of the "knee-jerk", "fire, trade, demote" threads i don't even get the opportunity to add my "two cents" to many threads because there are very few threads worth talking about.

I think like most people I was very excited about the Rockets chances this year, but even though the Rockets didn't live up to my, or anybody elses expectations, how can you not be happy about what we have been able to accomplish anyways. The young players are growing, the Rockets are winning (3rd in the congested West dosn't happen with a bad team), for the moment we are looking at a possible home court in the playoffs, we may have lost to "the contenders" but they were all close hard fought games (except that one Lakers game) which means that we can compete with those teams and in 7 games you never know what is going to happen. I for one am still excited about the team we have right now and am looking forward to the playoffs GO ROCKETS!!!!!

10. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

This is why I finally joined this forum after years of just posting on ISH, I figured bbs needed help. But there is way too many people on this forum who come off as bipolar. One day we are a championship caliber team and then next we are first round exits. I come to this forum after every game we lose just to see if someone can come up with something new to complain about.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

A thread that is b****ing about people b****ing. :D Gotta love Clutchfans.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Holy crap, I hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise you missed the entire point of this thread.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm just doing what you are afraid of doing..

preaching the lessons of the past to help for a better future

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't get rid of DD, he's the Highlander.

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

I find it hilarious after I read someone's post in this thread.

Partly because of what he wrote, but mainly because he is one of the main reason why this thread was created,

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

son, i've been doing that since you weren't peeing straight.

(man, i've always wanted to say that) :D

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

It's the curse of Pryuen. We need him back.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You mean our best player? 20 Mil can buy someone better than yao ... , but too bad our best player is still tied up for another year.

19. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i was thinking this the other day.

just soo many 1 and 2 star threads. i wish the mods would just start deleting stupid threads. forget about ratings..its stupid..delete it.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, I enjoyed the GARM before, but I know I cant even look at it, sometimes I go see if any thread is worth-reading.