1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 88, Rockets 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I had to shed a few tears after this loss. My second game of the season and I was shocked at how many Spurs fans live in Houston. Truly disappointing.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They don't necessarily live here. It's an easy trip from SA on I-10...particularly on a Saturday.

3. seaweed

seaweed Member

No assist, no defense. Only some inconsistant scoring. That's our starting PG.
    Thinking about the teams with good PGs we played recently, their PGs all got very good stats. Rose, DW, Nash and Parker. They got like 30pts per game. That's killing us.

4. ludingji

ludingji Member

AB is so lucky that he get trusted by crazy adelman who wanna turn him into another tony parker. adelman is gambling.

5. ludingji

ludingji Member

trust me, adelman, aron brooks is never gonna make a fourth quarter killer

6. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

finley's late 3 and artest silly fault at the end of second q, cause us 5points which should be winning points

7. ThaBlackKnight

Tmac was the one guy who never had trouble getting Yao the ball. Also he took pressure away from Yao because he himself would draw that attention. Even if Adelman tried it now, it wouldn't be nearly as effective with Artest.

Even the little things like a post entry pass by Tmac are really missed right now...

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I hate the Spurs...

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

game could have gone either way. i hope we are learning alot from these end game losses because, if not, then this is going to define our playoffs. games are there to win or lose at the end. it was a good effort by our guys. i still don't trust yao as the go-to guy at the end of the games. if brooks doesn't over-penetrate and artest doesn't miss a wide open 3, then this game likely has a different outcome. those are the breaks. we had our chances...just didn't get it done. hopefully, just coming up short won't define our playoffs. but, it usually does when you don't have that player who can get it done at the end. beyond that, i'm interested in how the rockets perform under playoff smothering defense. it's definitely different than a regular season game. that's when you find out who is up for it and who is not...not this regular season bs.

10. landryfans

landryfans Member

clearly rockets got dumbest backcourt in the league, aron cp3 brooks and ron kobe artest.

11. raining threes

A true PG drives the lane looking to draw defenders & if they help on him he dishes off for easy shots.

The above statement shows that AB has the mentality of a 2 guard. I believe that PG's are born not developed (CP3, DW) are about the same age as AB.

AB will never be a true PG. Maybe a combo guard but at 5'9 it's hard to be a combo guard.

Lowery on the other hand is a true PG that just needs more experience.

12. ibm

ibm Member

this is THE lesson the rockets should have learned out of this game, imo. too bad adelman has near blind faith in ab it seems.

/rant (again)

13. thefan

thefan Member

new nickname: AB0 - Aaron Brooks 0 assists

14. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

So how many assists did our starting point guard have again?

15. lostfans

lostfans Member

PG's job is assist! AB had 0! He is not a real PG, period!

16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Yes, we lost. But we only lost by 3 measly points! (INSERT SCENARIO HERE) would have happened, we would of definitely won! We can learn from this loss.

:rolleyes:

Freakin team is crap during big games and when its close.

17. AGBee

AGBee Member

Aaron Brooks is the worst person to ever bounce a basketball in the history of basketball and hates passing and gets blocked by the backboard and has a weird shaped head and I hate Brooks.

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

excellent excuses, lol

19. thefan

thefan Member

It was a close game. Could have won it if any of a few things went our way, but that's just not the way it went down. We are not better than the second best team in the west even when they are without Manu.

We are a good team. Just not a great one. Making progress but can't challenge for the chamipionship. That's just the reality.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We lost by one HORSE CRAP lucky 3 point half court heave by Finley.

If those 2 teams meet in the playoffs flip a coin to see who wins.

DD