1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG Aaron Brooks vs Spurs - 18 shots, 0 assists

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Artesticles, Mar 14, 2009.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe 3 decades ago. Positions change, not completely, but now more than every there's guys revolutionizing positions. We knew what Brooks was, is and will be. Don't expect him to become Steve Nash.

2. chaosun86

chaosun86 Member

No, Tony is way more smart in the paint then brooks ever since he's in the league, but without 3pt. They are completely two different player.

3. RocketsBearFan

Actually, brooks doesn't really give it to Yao in the post. He'll dribble around and get blocked or roll the ball to Yao's ankles, like a soccer goalie.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Another point less thread. Ok let me get this straight, the spurs single yao, single scola, artest creates his own shot and battier takes 1 shot. At what part of the game does brooks suppose to assist? I'm not saying he's great or anything, but the spurs plan was to make someone other than yao beat them. The plan was not give easy double kickouts to battier and scola. When that happens, someone has to break his man down and get a shot.

5. ilovejenny

ilovejenny Member

totally agreed. AB gives Yao many times (>5), and yao scored 2 seconds later. no assist credit to AB. people here are blind on that.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

RV6,

We don't agree on a lot of subjects..... But i'm totally on board with you on this one... Let the man grow up to be who he is, every game is OJT for him.

7. yiwong2001

yiwong2001 Member

The Rockets need yao to be a high assist guy instead of AB :cool:

8. RocketsBearFan

So you're saying that the best way for our starting PG to get the ball to our best player is by that PG missing his shot? Ok, that makes sense. BTW, there's no pick and roll with brooks. It's more of a pick and jack. Once brooks puts his head down, that ball ain't ever coming back out unless it's swatted out by a defender, which happens quite a bit.

9. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

That is way too poor.

10. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

The only thing I can think is the Adelman is so r****ded! He could not see things that are so obvious!

11. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

You must be kiding??
    The only player on this Rockets team that has the potentials to be a closer in the playoffs is Aaron Brooks???
    Aaron Brooks???? a 26 firstround pick ???Rebuilding with this Guy?

12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

its not like his chucking his shots. His shot attempts are shots that are open or drives into the lane. BTW, who is he going to pass the ball to? For some reason, its always yao who came out to set the pick instead of 1 of the PFs. Artest only wants to shoot after he get a dribble or 2, battier and barry is not looking for their shots and he did not get playing time with wafer.

13. lethe

lethe Member

ditto.I am not hating AB,but he is more like a SG, he is really horrible tonight.

14. Brenke

Brenke New Member

AB is our future. He has to get better in a lot of aspects of the game, and one of them is to assist. He is a scorer, that's true. But if he wants to be a top guard someday in the league he needs to improve his passing skills.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Really what is it?

To take 18 shots? Because last time I checked, thats what the SHOOTING gaurd is for.

16. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

I dont know what some of you guys see in Brooks but he is not a top guard material. He is at best a role player. We'll be lucky if he turns out to be a nate robinson. The sooner he sees this the better. There is no difference between Brooks and Wafer apart from their handle.

I understand he has to learn to make big plays but he has to know when to try them and not harm this team anymore. Lowry is much more physical, shoots equally better, is as aggressive and on top of it he has better court vision and more importantly knows his role.

I am getting sick of all these selfish plays that Artest and Brooks make down the stretch. Yao was shouting at Brooks for driving under Duncan. What was he thinking? Duncan was so close to basket he'd have blocked it every single time out of 100 tries. If these guys keep this up we will struggle mightily.

17. yearning

yearning Rookie

Definitely different. Brooks gives the ball to Yao with bounce pass everytime and Yao can't catch the ball well in that case. Lowry hardly do that.

18. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

AB is awesome when he come off the bench, but the coach is too stupid to recognize how to best utilize his skills. Its not AB fault that Adelman is a someone who has no idea what he's doing.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thank you, you are right. There is some real boxscore pimpin' going on here tonight.

20. lalala902102001

I'm not kidding at all.

I'm not saying AB is your franchise player. I'm saying he's the only guy that can be a closer. No one else on this team is capable of doing that. He may not live up to the role, but that should be his role given the current roster.