1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is THE most unclutch player EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stobbartjohn, Mar 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

not at all, what leads AB's 4pt play tonight, Yao is our core of tatic, we played inside out, with or without Yao really matters

2. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

When he is not scoring and the rest of team is, he is pretty useful, but when nobody is scoring then nobody is useful.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

4. dero72

dero72 Member

Hve you ever noticed how much Yao gets stripped? Yao gets stripped by opposing point guards routinely. Dude, Im not asking for Yao to have Bill Waltons hands...I'd settle for Mario Elie's! HOLD onto the rebound. HOLD onto the ball when posting. If you know your hands are very valuable and preciously delicate, then do what every high school coach teaches their big men and hold the ball UP.
    Again, im not saying EVERYTHING is all Yaos fault. But TONITE, in THIS game, he shares the majority of the blame...mostrly because of who he is. He is our goto guy. On the other end of the court, their goto guy is dropping bombs.
    DEMAND the ball. SEAL OFF YOUR DEFENDER. Its b-ball 101. If you arent getting the ball where youd like, pull your team aside at time-outs for the on court huddle. Scream, TALK the floor. Get an offensive foul if you have to in fighting for your spot.
    One of the best ways to establish good spacing is talking the floor. Scream at players to move. TMAC did that all the time.

LEAD.
    Youre the star. Even when its not your fault...it's your fault.

Tonite, a lot of it really was his fault.

And thats just my opinion: worth what you just paid me for it. ;)

5. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

He played Lakers fine in his career, it's not his problem. You guys don't have memory.

6. mms

mms Member

You mean constructive? OK. Stop treating Yao as our go to guy. He is not and incapable of being.

7. babydill

babydill Member

^ And in less than one week, he will be a God to this board. If I were friends with any of the people that make these posts, I would literally slap them in the face if they reacted like this on a night to night basis. It's like a bunch of chickens running around with their head cut off.

8. Slumdog

Slumdog Member

9. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

LIVE OR DIE BY ONE GAME!!HE DID GOOD IN SOME BIG GAMES.TODAY,NO GOOD,WE SAY TRADE HIM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,YES,THIS IS NBA.EVEN SUPER STAR KOBE CANT PASS THE PLAYOFF UNTIL GASOL CAME.EVEN BOS,THEY HAVE 3 STARS TO GET CHAM..YAO IS YAO,A NICE GUY,A WORKING HARD PLAYER,HE IS NOT CARE HIS STATS,DO HIS BEST EVERY GAME.JUST CONSIDER HE IS 7'6 AND 310 LBS,CONSIDER HE HAS SUFFER 3 BIG operationS,HE STILL KEEP HIS VALUE.HE DRAW THE DOUBLES,MAKE OPEN SPACE FOR HIS TEAMMATES,HE MAKE THE BOSS EARN MORE MONEY,HE MAKE OUR TEAM FAMOUS IN THE WORLD,AND HE IS THE BEST 7'6 PLAYER IN THE WORLD MAYBE IN THE HISTORY

10. joesr

joesr Member

can we have a hate mail category so we dont have to see this stupid shiet Clutch?

I am quite sure YMing is the only player who has trouble being double by both Gasol and Bryant (an all star and a superstar) on not one not two but three consecutive plays.

ignoramous

11. Slumdog

Slumdog Member

since when you heard me saying that Yao was our go to guy?????? huh???? Isn't this team playing Adelman's ball (or at least trying to)? and you should know what that ball systems is..... no go to guy...

p.s. thanks for correcting my Jubelish.. :D

12. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

how about the only meaningful points rockets got down the stretch was a dump to yao when he kicked it out for an AB 3+1. Beside that its just von wafer and ron artest jacking up shots, blindly driving, and stupid TOs on the outside

13. mms

mms Member

People keep calling him our 1st option, that's false.

14. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

First option doesn't have to shoot the ball. Get some tape of Rockets game, watch it over, and see how points are generated.

15. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Exactly, good things happen when yao touch the ball once in each possession granted its not a crap quality pass. Yao will force guards to collapse on him and he can dish it out for easy shots for every NBA player. I take the good ball movement anytime over von wafer and ron artest playing 1 on 5

16. Slumdog

Slumdog Member

well, at least we both agree on that 'People keep calling him our 1st option' part, RA's system isn't supposed to have someone like Yao who makes people think he is another Hakeem... .but people just can't help it. but i admit that i think RA isn't using Yao as he is supposed to be used..... i could be wrong

17. choujie

choujie Member

Nobyd will ever be clutch if he only gets one shot in 4th quarter.

The plays they ran for Yao are much less than the plays Artest and Wafer jacking up shots.

18. mms

mms Member

Did you even watch the game? He didn't attack, couldn't get defense reb, couldn't even beat Walton down the post.
    BTW, his passing ability is limited.

19. babydill

babydill Member

Agree to disagree Dero. I think anyone who doesn't put the blame on Ron Artest for trying to be a one man wrecking bomb when we have proved a team offense is the key to an easy win is kind of nuts.

When I look at our boxscore and see Yao with 16/6 with 2 assists and 2 blocked shots (4 TO's ain't good but it ain't as bad as you people make it sound), Scola with 15/9, AB with 14/4 and then I get to Ron...

4/16 shooting, 11 points and 2 boards... nearly twice as many shots as Yao and he has SIX TO's, and shot a whopping zero for eight from three-point land for a solid 0.00000000% (I rounded up). :p

OR

Shane with 1/5 shooting with his only FG coming in a "gimme" with 10-15 seconds left on the clock, 4 points and 2 boards... 0 for 4 from three point land (wide frikkin open on 3 of those I believe).

My gut reaction is not to sit here and say ... Yao is the reason we lost this game. He could have had better, no freaking doubt. But the numbers don't lie. Yao had a sub-par game, but ain't no way in hell he is the reason we lost.

Yao is not a Kobe. Yao is not a Lebron. You know who was that guy...TMAC. He's gone and the team, as a whole should be picking up that slack. Now go back and look at that stat sheet, and tell me who really lost that game for us.

20. Slumdog

Slumdog Member

+1 Yao is more like a facilitator than a dominate one.... like someone mentioned before... i think that's what RA is trying to do but sometimes Yao is just way too predictable to be efficient.