1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 102, Rockets 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

Trade batman for Gay?

3. lyyon

lyyon Member

kobe is MVP, and MVP is MVP!!!

we got killed by a MVP, no regret....

4. kingfurr

kingfurr Member

赢了,忘乎所以;输了,一无是处。拜托,球队还是那支球队,能不能别那么极端??

just calm down.........

5. daernoth

daernoth Member

See? I just dont agree with this. The Rockets can beat the Lakers IF THEY ARE COACHED WELL. It always seems like the Rockets are doing great but then when an adjustment needs to be made Adelman will refuse to make a change. How can you win like that?

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

uhhh, did you notice anybody else trying to do anything at all, no , at least he made things happen

7. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD I posted Yaos cure for his woosy playing style....Just drop him off in one of the wards lets say the 4th Ward and let him get a taste of some street ball for about two weeks. He needs Ron's attitude...We can then bring him back and maybe he will finally have a set of balls and get a freakin rebound !!

8. gaspra

gaspra New Member

This game reminds me the Utah game. Toyota center cheered whenever Lakers had dunks and Kobe scored :confused: . So this doesn't count as a home game. No wonder Ron got pissed

9. Norway's Winter

Well, when LAKERs tried to double team YAO, other ROXs should find themselves the open positions rather than stand still. I just cannot believe that in the most of the night guys on the floor just did nothing but watching YAO got double teamed and lost the fXcking ball.

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Everyone sucked, but I think the coach sucked big time today. He let Ron do whatever he wanted, and let AB do whatever he wanted, and let Wafer do whatever he wanted. Both Yao and Scola were perfect 6-6 to start with, how many more shots did they get for the rest 30 minutes? 3 shots each. You can call Yao soft all you want to, how he didn't seal off Pau, how he has butterfinger, etc etc, what about Scola? Was he soft too? Why can't we get him more shots?

Yao and Scola are system guys, they play within system and game plan, they are not free-lancing type of players. As a coach, you should know to draw up plays for them, and ASK your PG to stick with it at least a few times in a quarter. Has anyone ever see Yao or Scola hijack a game offensively, even if they are "feeling it"? Good or bad, you can always argue, but as a coach, you have to play with the strength of your players, not sitting there hoping he has C-Web.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I hate watching us build up such big leads, just to let them melt away.

We are a terrible 4th quarter team. What has happened. :(

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We only lost one game by several points against the best team in the league. No biggie.

We shot 5-28 from three pt line. That's not going to happen again. If we made just 2 or 3 more three pointers we probably win the game.

13. kingfurr

kingfurr Member

wow,my first post.......

14. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

Thanks UP I needed to laugh before I broke my computer screen :D So True !!!!!!

15. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

any1 thinks kobe provoked artest on purpose? it turned the game from Houston vs LA into Artest vs Kobe. And Artest had no chance to play Kobe 1 on 1.

16. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

it is locker room problem like ai in piston.
    it is the reason why we trade alston...

17. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

1. Lack of talent
    2. Lack of conditioning
    3. Horrible coaching
    4. Ego
    5. Woosy center

Thats about it in a nut shell

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You're kidding me right?? Kobe murdered Ron Artest?? Kobe can't do a damm thing against Ron Artest. The only reason he scored on Artest is that one time when Artest gambled and dive for the ball in which he shouldn't have done and Kobe nailed a 3. And most other times, it's pick and roll, it's not one on one defense. With pick n roll, Kobe or anybody is hard to guard for anyone...so that don't mean a thing if Kobe make shots with pick n roll. But when it's one on one, Kobe can't do a damm thing against Ron Artest. Did you see Artest strip the ball when he try to shoot and it's one on one defense right?? Yea' that's what i am talking about..Kobe can't do shyt when it's one on one. So at the end Kobe got the bragging right because he nailed those shots when Artest isn't guarding him or because it was pick n roll. And Kobe was like..yea i am da man...**** that...he can't do shyt when it's one on one defense with Artest guarding him..seriously!!

19. Seth

Seth Member

Gotta come up with better excuses after seeing yao being stripped from the ball on every rebound. Scola playing as bad as you say ended with 9 rebounds in 32 mins, Yao in 36 couldnt get 8

20. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I dont care what anyone says. Criticize Tmac all you want but there's a reason why he was always focal point of the offense in the last minutes of the 4th quarter. There are reasons why teams double team him. Yes he's out for the season but he's still in our team till. I hope he turns up healthy come next year and Morey and does not pull on the trade plug yet.

Great players do great things in pressure situations on a CONSISTENT basis. Not all the time but most of the time. We DO NOT have that. Hell even Brooks and Wafer is more clutch than Artest and Yao and that isn't a compliment towards our guys.

Honestly, this is a growing issue that can cause nightmares for the rox in the postseason. This type of play can eliminate them in the first round of the playoffs. We need develop Brooks and Wafer as closing options because honestly they have more potential to finish the game than our center. When has a center truly been clutch in the last decade??? Today's game does not benefit the center position like it did to Hakeem in the 90's. I love Yao but in this entire season when has he shown he can lead a team down the stretch in the last 5 minutes of the 4th Quarter? WHEN??

Yes as fans we tend to exagerate an entire incident but when you see an unresolved issue, you call it out. Our 4th quarter meltdowns have been disqustingly consistent but it only became a MAJOR MAJOR issue after the Chicago game. Do we want another Chicago game to show we dont have a closer? No.

Adelman you have to think of new strategies.

I mean cmon!! They didn't have Odom and Bynum! That Laker team we played tonight was a scrub team plus Kobe. Talk about how horrible we are.