1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 102, Rockets 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2009.

1. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Then the 2nd squad will have no scorers, just give him more mins way more mins

2. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Artest went crazy and we lost.

3. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I still have hope for this team to get to the western final only if
    1.) Yao learns how to box out and seal off his man using his big body.
    2.) Artest learns not to gamble against the likes of kobe, lebron or Roy
    3.) Shane needs to increase his 3pt percentage
    We are really deep on the bench but our starters have failed us from time to time in a close fight. Yao turns the ball over way too much in clutch time. Artest bball IQ drops below negative when ppl start trash talking. They both are not clutch at all under different pressure. Dr. Phil just knocked both of our stars out with an upper cut and a straight right into the face. Period.

If Yao can't seal off his man without the ball. He should just stay in the baseline and let Von or AB create something. Then he throws his body into the paint and see if the quick guards can dump something for him.

Artest shouldn't have gamble on that steal. Even tho he bricks many shots tonight, 75% of them were wide open. Given that he was shooting really well after t-mac was out, I can't blame him for his flunk for tonight. What i really pissed about him was that gamble on the steal. That 3's from bryant was big but if he stayed in front of kobe instead they would only had about 4-5 sec on the shot clock.

Sigh... Jesus.. lay your holy hand on Yao and Artest or i will be looking to see Yao and Artest gone fishing in April.. ><

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Overall, it's not a bad game, we could have won when the game tied up. Artest fouling Gasol is very stupid but i don't think it's a foul...the refs are just too sensitive. A couple things:

1. Too many turnovers: 23?? GEEZ!!
    2. Yao STILL can not hold on to the ball when rebound (learn to hold it up high since you're a tall dude) why bring it down? Sometimes i feel like he play like he's a small dude...what the **** is wrong with his hands!
    3. It's not Yao's fault he didn't get enough touch...the ball don't go to him much or they double him.
    4. Rick Adelman should have put Ron Artest on Kobe earlier when Shane got burned by Kobe during the come back. I don't think Kobe can do much with Artest guarding him. It's the one on one pick n roll that's hard to hard against anybody in this league no matter how talent you are.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

1 shot?

Well then, maybe our 7 foot 6 inch man child should rebound the ball and SLAM it home?

Or maybe he should get his FRICKEN ELBOWS OUT....and seal off a panzy assed player like Gasol.

If Yao wants to be a champion he has to protect his lollipop and stop letting everyone else steal it away without any penalty.

Yao needs to SWING SOME MOTHER SCRATCHING ELBOWS and start putting some people in the hospital to get some respect.

DD

6. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

Analysis:

Coach RA is not a smart defensive coach. Lakers decided to double Yao and deny the paint after the first 2 Qs, But we elected not to double Kobe and get the ball out of his hands. Mainly why we lost the game.

With Shane of the floor its 4 on 5 as he has become a real liability offensively and he is not the defender he used to be. Shane needs to be a bench player or traded for a real swing man that can shoot the 3 ball consistently, has handles and can drive. His defense is overrated.

Artest did not have his shot tonight, but he did take some ill advised shots and let his battle with Kobe get personal. I know he will bounce back.

Overall, This team cannot beat the Lakers in a seven game series so hopefully we dont have to see them in the first round.

Finally, Kobe is the best player in the league. The 2 best defenders in the league could not stop him even when they knew what was coming. He had an attitude all night but he's Kobe so its alright I guess

Rockets will bounce back.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Until Shane get's his shot back, but his rebounding and defense are good enough to give you back up minutes and hopefully open up his offensive game.

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

That was a BS call, but Ron was fking up all 2nd half, so no big surprise they called it.

The NBA refs club is a secret society unto itself; they can fx any game they want, at any time they can change the outcome of a game accordign to anyone's wish from above, or below. Scary stuff, but true

9. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

I still don't get why RA doesn't call a timeout after 8 straight possession of Ron playing 1 on 5. His failure to effectively use timeouts is mind boggling.

10. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you but we can't give up 14 and 17 pt leads in the 4th. This team has lost 11 thats right 11 games to last place teams. Thats 13 wins you could have or take 6 of those wins and you have a 4 point lead in your division. I'm just tired of finding excuses for this team and I'm sick of all the bad luck with injuries. Do you ever see Kobe or Lebron out for a long period of time ? What about when MJ played he never missed a game. Hell look at Olajuwon they had to literally break his eye to get him to miss a few weeks ! Its been way to long since this team has been successful :(

11. The Brian

The Brian Member

so many things went wrong with us this game...

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup heard the MVP chants for Kobe in that final minute.

13. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

AGREE!AB CAN NOT MAKE GOOD PASS TO YAO,OR SOMETIMES THE PASS JUST TOO LATE..THEY ARE NOT MATCH.AND HE JIS NOT A PG,JUST POING FIRST SG,,

14. lyyon

lyyon Member

we gotta be proud of the effort tonight.

Everybody is fine tonight, if there is one we may throw a blame on,gotta be our damn coach........

15. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

True, Jackson rested Kobe even when they were down.

16. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

I said it before and I'll say it again... Batman has become too much of a liability. Wafer should play 35 minutes.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thats what T-mac&Yao=RING says...

18. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

The 2nd squad will have Aaron and Landry...

Ugh I just do not like Battier. Never have

19. choujie

choujie Member

Did you watch the game when he made a bunch of bonehead plays in the end of 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th quarters? Drive into the crowd and pass to nobody, etc.

20. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

Somtimes you should focus more on the game itself instead of the end. Yes it is not a big deal for rox to lose a game against lakers. But also we all know that Rox will go nowhere if they keep playing like this.

no discipline, no tactics, no organization,no execution,no future.