1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 102, Rockets 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

That was total BS. The Lakers got away with a lot of moving screens too.

2. HueyNewton

HueyNewton Member

brooks passes were just fine, yao needs to seal off his man.

3. Zfan

Zfan Member

You can't blame Ron. He went crazy when hearing Rockets fans cheered for Kobe. I got crazy too.

4. snitch

snitch Member

games like this, we need a healthy tmac..especially in the playoffs

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You can't really blame Artest. He played the same as he always does and it has been working. Shots just werent falling tonight.

6. The Brian

The Brian Member

he needs to not bounce pass EVERY DAMN time.

7. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

We need to get rid of Adelcrap for God sakes. :mad:

The bench players could have give us a good run in the 4th if only he took Artest and yao out when the coach obviously should have. I hate this damn coach with a passion. :mad:

8. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

It is always the case during close matches. I hardly see AB or Lowry controlling it.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the lakers were NOT a more talented team than us. they didn't have odom/bynum. we just don't know how to execute down the stretch.

10. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Read my post above I said this team cannot win with Yao as our center. Whats funny is that any team would love to have Yao because of his popularity and the money he brings the city. We could get two really good players for him but Les and Morey would never let go of him. As for Artest he has had two bad games but many more better games so I hate to blame him. We were just praising him in Denver two nights ago....

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I was wrong. I really thought we would win this game

Man, Artest and Battier could not hit the ocean from behind the 3...........wtf?

I hate Kobe with a passion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

DO NOT POKE THE GD BEAR!!!!

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

As DD said, at some point you've got to run a double at Kobe and force someone else to hit a shot. It ain't Rocket science it's basketball. You don't let the same man kill you play after play. I thought I was watching Jordan.

14. HueyNewton

HueyNewton Member

actually i like the bounce pass better because when you pick up your dribble like shane, they sag down and cheat on yao.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Uh, no. Having T-Mac would not have helped us in the slightest against the Lakers. Yao was just a big problem, with only 4 points in the second half.

Wafer needs more time against the Lakers, period. He played great against them in the second game, and while not great, pretty good in this one. His quickness and decisiveness are useful as hell against the Lakers.

And while I like Battier, that was a bad game. Period.

16. choujie

choujie Member

I agree most of the points. But Scorlandry played piss poor defense. Yao had to keep an eye on Gasol, Powell kicked Scoralndry's ass pretty hard. Many of those missed offensive rebounds are result of Scola losting his man.

17. N2H4

N2H4 Member

The coach should've cooled down Ron when he's obviously lost his mind....the results of keeping Ron on the court were a lot of bricks & turnovers. And his consistent b****ing about the little fight only made Kobe play like monster....

Very bad 3pts shooting (Ron 0 for 7) was also another big reason of the loss.

18. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

when saw kobe unstopable,
    i miss tmac very much.
    artest is this type of player...

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

ron made the kobmeister mad, bad move. if he could counter that, thats fine, but noooo, bad plays after bad plays. loss is on him

tho im not too fuss about this loss, didnt think we would win anyway. we're still third and maybe lakers could do us a favour and beat spurs.

20. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

The coach should have take AB and Artest out early in the 3rd quater. The ball just did not move.