1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is THE most unclutch player EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stobbartjohn, Mar 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. babydill

babydill Member

I can always tell who hasn't played a lick of basketball in their life when I come into sports threads like this one.

You know, when I played point back in the day, we ran a similar offense in terms of force feeding the ball to a big man. And you know who the coach came yelling at when said big man did not get the ball....the point.

It is the PG's responsibility to get the ball into the post. It is the PG's responsibility to create spacing in the offense so that the defense cannot just bunch up to one side and defend the entry pass. It is the PG's responsibility to swing the ball to the weak side when they overload a side, because you know what...if 4 defensive guys are on one side of the court, that means there is at LEAST 1 or 2 guys on the weak side sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

You have AB and Battier and every other guard on this team throwing balls at his ankles or setting him up 16 feet from the basket...and fans are saying he can't catch a damn ball. Good lord it gets old.

But what really gets old is fans who sit at home or in the stands yelling at Yao because he can't bend over 6 feet to grab that ball at his ankles or move 4-5 feet outside where he sets his man up because our guards REFUSE to create adequate spacing.

Learn how basketball works. Better yet, pick up a damn ball every once in a while.

2. redao

redao Member

how about few rebounding??

3. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

When rox lose, hater appears

how pathetic it is

4. yao123

yao123 Member

IT YAOS FAULT.....HE GOT THE BALL and cant do ****....he stand there and wait for the double team to come and get him and still he dont even know that its coming for him...****ing **** load of turnover cause of yao ming..... WHY IS MY F0cking name YAO123 why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

It's really as if Yao hasn't learned anything in 7 years in the league. Seriously, he plays exclusively on the low block. There are only so many ways to defend it and get the ball. Figure it out!!! Or just stop trying to go to him late and leave Landry in, who was far more effective by the way.

6. mahkeses

mahkeses Member

Are you a idiot ?
    We all know that Kobe is the best, so it would not be a surprise Houston lost this game.

7. Slumdog

Slumdog Member

so are you watching it for $$$?? or the W

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Look at his numbers when he had a personal tutor like Tom T riding him every day before/during/and after practice. Read what JVG and a host of others said about how you have to constantly remind Yao of certain "basic" concepts or else he tends to get sloppy/neglectful.

I doubt Adelman has enough attention to detail and patience to try and mold Yao's game like the old regime did. Hell, Adelman feels he would be better served being a facillitator, rather than a dominator.

9. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Yao will never be our go-to-guy at the end of games, it usually becomes a turnover.

10. Republic

Republic Member

I'd be happy if we got a lottery pick for Yao.

11. peter_pan

peter_pan Member

You can't seel off your defender all the time, the passer should pass the ball in a flash, I can't remember how many times I yelled at the screen "Pass the ball", but saw ppl dribbled away

12. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Again, you don't have to care about that: Easiest way is to trade him this summer for a better player like Gasol or Randolph.

13. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

how would u fight for the rebounds when u cant even breath, i mean stamina limit yao, he just played too much

14. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

God

Yao sucks.

he drops the ball, falls down.

Trade him for a real Center Dwight Howard

15. mms

mms Member

The sad truth is he is not gonna be traded.

16. peter_pan

peter_pan Member

Some of the haters are just pathetic basketball idiot, but I would trade Yao for Gasol in a heart beat for Yao's sake

17. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

You are crazy if you take a lottery instead of guys like Gasol, Randolph

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

You're being sarcastic right? He played 36 minutes.

We're screwed. Our "superstar" can't play 36 minutes and still be able to breathe. What a joke.

19. mms

mms Member

Then how can we trust him in the playoffs when the games are much tighter?

20. halfling131

halfling131 Member

It's too much chair pulling, and a couple times Gasol backed off of Yao and pulled him away, but that's always going to happen in the NBA post-up metagame.