1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 116, Suns 112

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I am not too excited about this win. Once again the other team's PG has an incredible night, I know its Nash, but I seen him play plenty this year and he has played horrible many times.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nash looked bad earlier this year because Terry Porter was coaching. Since Gentry took over Nash has looked like his old self.

3. OlajuwonShake34

Probably because Terry Porter was coaching a grind it out offensive system.

Maybe those critics of Nash were right. Nash is a system PG who is overrated. I hope that isn't true. Steve Nash is one of my favorite PG's of all-time and I have a hell lot of respect for him. What he has done in his last 5 years in Phoenix has been amazing as well.

4. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

Well, at least the truth is finally out there about what the refs and the scorekeepers are doing to him and at least everyone knows now. Denials or no denials, lies or no lies.

Because of the cheating refs, Yao is actually a better player than he is allowed to be on the court and than his play shows, and he is not allowed to reach his full potential as a basketball player in the NBA or on the FIBA level, and help the Chinese National Basketball Team to do as well as they should do based on their athletic ability and the talent that they were born with, because of the current ruling class and "old boy network" in power and the status quo. If everything were equal and fair and just and right, they would do far better in international competitions than they already have done in the past.

And because of the cheating scorekeepers, Yao Ming is prevented from achieving what he should have in terms of number of blocks and probably also rebounds and perhaps other stats in the NBA as he should have according to his efforts on the court. He is probably more realistically in the top 5 in blocks and rebounds in the NBA than what he is now if the scorekeepers weren't deliberately conspiring against him to keep him down in the NBA by knowingly and purposefully undercounting his stats. These stats are used as an excuse to keep him from earning all-NBA First Team honors, even though in the past Yao was clearly the best center in the NBA, even though I believe that Dwight Howards Dwight is now the overall best center in the NBA, and Yao would probably be competitive with Al Jefferson in terms of stats in the NBA if weren't being saved for the playoffs, and given more minutes, especially now that we discovered what they are doing with Yao's stats and that because of what they are doing, his stats are lower than what they probably truthfully are. Though Yao Ming is still probably the best offensive center in the NBA, as evidenced by the triple-teams that he receives in many games, and his still scoring over them. And also the lowered stats because of the deliberate undercounting of his stats will be used to keep him out of the NBA Hall of Fame after his career is over and he comes up for ballot, which satisfies and pleases the ruling status quo.

America. Gotta love it. :rolleyes: As they say, "absolute power corrupts absolutely".

It is the policy of (insert American name of institution here) to comply with Federal and State Laws and Regulations prohibiting discrimination on the
    basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in all programs and activities.

What a lie. Only good on the surface, but all the exact opposite of what they say underneath.

5. earth

earth Rookie

almost mission impossible! Spur is very stable.

6. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

You are crazy...lets leave it at that.
    Watch out, the "league" might be reading; they might come after you.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Very nice game, we finally got what we wanted from Aaron, He was agressive and it paid off.

We didn't play any defense, but a win is a win, especially over a good team like Suns.

8. RocketsBearFan

Some key points:

-Aaron Brooks Is NOT a true PG. He can't make entry passes to save his life and he has tunnel vision when he has the ball in his hands. He's Mike James Lite
    -Giving Yao the ball once a game doesn't constitute "going to Yao."
    -Aaron Brooks scored a lot tonight but that's an anomaly considering how much of a chucker he is. The times he doesn't score will hurt us more in the long run since Aaron doesn't know how to get us into our offensive sets at all.

9. kwng

kwng Member

Great win! Landry got 4 steals!! Looks like we'll be playing Utah again in the playoffs if the current standing stays.

10. devin23

devin23 Member

I agree 100% Why can't people realize that? I've never been a fan of Brooks. I prefer a pass first pg starting and a shooting first pg providing spark on the bench, which is where brooks belongs.

11. lyyon

lyyon Member

Yes, we won.
    Anyway, we have to admit that Nash nearly killed us.
    we need 'D' more aggressively.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ugh, stop getting on Brooks.

He's a 2nd year player who can still add much to his game.

The whole myth that you can't improve pure PG skills like vision...is a myth. He's going to take his lumps, he's not a Mike James lite because Brooks does not have horrible shot selection. Which is a reason why he's a immediate improvement over Rafer.

13. Fiah

Fiah Member

Good win, but remember Amare didn't play...

14. Yellever

Yellever New Member

A narrow victory! Yao VS Shaq has became history.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

1) You are right, he's not a true or "pure" pg. He's a scoring combo type of guard, with enough skills to play the spot.

2) Try watching the games. He did not break the offense repeatedly tonight to get his points. They posted the ball to Yao on almost every possession he was in the game. He isn't freezing Yao out, nor is Yao suffering with brooks in the game.

3) Brooks is not a chucker. Before tonight he had taken 10 shots vs toronto and 8 in utah.

16. kikimama

kikimama Member

Your right, we would have scored more points...

17. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

say whatever you want with AB, pg is still our weakest link, period.
    and that wont change any time soon with him starting. :( :(

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

AB 20 shots??? Okay I love his offensive performance today(note--offensive)

but we need lowry. big time.

is ab turns out to be leandro barbosa, which is still highly doubtful, the biggest ceiling he can get to is 6th man.

Starting PGs need to ASSIST AS WELL AS SCORE. 3 ASTS AND 4 TURNOVERS???

19. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

great win..great win...at last we show we can survive with the closing game..Great win.. Love to see rockets keep improving their games..Go Rockets

20. Eric Wong

Eric Wong Member

I saw the last 5 mins, yes, this is a great and hard fighting, and at last we won, thanks for their brilliant show. Now the Rockets play together than ever before, so they can win lots of competitions recently. Tonite, Shark plays well, he did a good job, although he is 37-years-old, and he gave himself a wonderful birthday present. Nash, yes, nobody think he is old enough, he is one of the best and great guys in this league and on the court. :)