1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 116, Suns 112

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

brooks, artest and landry came up with big buckets. Dissappointed that Yao was getting his ass handed to him in the fourth quarter. Didn't get to see the first half of the game, but in the 2nd half, he needed, and needs, to stop turning the ball over. it was a good thing the rockets went away from him; it probably won us the game but we're not going far if we rely on others to make plays.

I like our team. Come on Yao, it's time to step up. I'm a big fan, but I'm losing patience right now for your lack of production in the 4th. After getting a three drained on by steve nash to tie the game, I was happy that he stepped up and seriously contested that last shot him. nash was owning our guards, and yao didn't come up to guard the pick and roll. When he did, shaq was too deep and nash just dished it off for the automatic bucket.

2. lionheartqs

lionheartqs Rookie

OK, Thanks :)

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

a lot of it had to do with nash and the pick and roll, Brooks get bashed a lot, but dont forget there's two sides to this. So far Brooks has been bashed a lot on nights he faced Rose, Deron, and now Nash. Those are some hall of fame names.... nash is an expert when it comes to pick and rolls and makes a living coming off the pick and popping a jumpshot. He's had that same look to win games plenty of times on the same play, they may suck at defense, but they are great on offense.

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Wow.

No.

F utah.

Go Denver. Win this one. Lose your next few.

:mad:

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We definitely need defensive stops, and Battier is the best defender on the team but our fire power is not enough against the Jazz,Lakers,or SA.
    Everyone has to do their part on both ends of the floor.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It wouldn't even be close; we'd be crushed.

7. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Yao had a season high in blocks a few days ago.Why did they let that happen? If the league was against us why would they let us win, why would they just change the stats and not call a foul on Yao when he blocked the shots? Why would they let Yao win the All-Star vote? Stop with the conspiracy theories. Today was just an example of a lazy stat keeper.

8. acole

acole Member

We won tonight, but i can't see much hope for the post season if AB keeps attack the paint like this. I mean What should a PPPPGGGG do?

We need a Billups or Kidd to organize the team, not a T.Parker or D.Harris. :(

9. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Overall I'm pleased with Brooks' performance. First of all, any time one of your young guys scores a career high number of points, thats incredible. Letting Nash score 32 on you is bad, but Nash is a former MVP. If you told me before the game that Brooks would only score 2 less points than Nash, I would think that was a good game. Nash is their best player.

10. lionheartqs

lionheartqs Rookie

In brief, we need 3rd :D

11. thirdbanner

thirdbanner Member

GO DEN!!!!
    F UTA to hell :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

If you really do so,Rockets will surely go to lottery,do you know the situation in Toronto?They are alrealy in lottery now,and I dont think AB will better than Iverson。

13. lyyon

lyyon Member

agree with you !!!

14. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

No, this is the 9th game in 2 years that I've seen this happen. Go back to the Toronto Raptors/Houston Rockets game a couple of nights ago. Review the game tape, 2 blocks, cleanblocks, and both straight up. Unmistakeable. They are doing it deliberately to him on purpose. Yao is a better player than his stats show.

Besides, people already know, the cat's out of the bag now, and people now know for a fact that the scorekeepers undercount him on blocks and who knows what else. The information is out there already, and the knowledge of this wrong can't be stopped now, because people know.

You can only cover up the truth, you cannot ever destroy or eradicate it. If you're doing wrong to someone, its going to come out somewhere sometime.

15. Juliann

Juliann Member

Didn't get to see the game tonight but happy we won nevertheless. And did Yao turn it over several times in the fourth again? :mad:

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, T. Parker and D. Harris have never won in the playoffs! :rolleyes:

17. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Just got home from the game! It was awesome and extremely loud in the arena!!!! It had been sometime since I seen the Rockets fans get crunk!!! I loved the way Wafer was driving in and going to the free throw line!

18. HCoog

HCoog Member

Fail on that post ^

Great confidence boosting game for AB, lowry or ab starting does not matter its who finishes and thats what AB did tonight. Decision making will only get better as the games go on, next memphis

19. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I think a T.Parker D.Harris is better for this team. Adelman's teams generally have scoring PGs. Guys like Harris and Chris Paul dominate a team with their passing. They have the ball in their hands all the time and create plays for their teammates. In an Adelman type of offense, they want movement from everyone. Not repeated pick and rolls from the PG trying to create an open shot. Not to mention that a passing PG with Yao would probably suck because he's not that great at scoring off the pick and roll.

20. lionheartqs

lionheartqs Rookie

He was on the stage for more than 40 mins, don't be so strict :)