1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis is averaging 10.9 rebounds in the last 16 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Mar 4, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Luis has quickly vaulted to be my favorite Rocket player after Novak was traded. The guy just leaves it all out on the court. Love his hustle and effort and like Yao he is all about winning and takes delight in his teammates doing well.

I would take a team of Luis Scola's any day of the week and twice on sundays. How Morey was able to steal him from the Spurs still amazes me to this day.

2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You can't become a double double machine with just hustle alone. If hustle is all you need, a lot of NBA players should average double doubles.

3. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

took us 15 years, but we've finally replaced OT (minus the baseball throws down court)

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if he played in the east he'd be an all star.

the guy puts up david lee type numbers, on a half court team. he's not playing for dantoni where you get 110 possessions a game.

the guy is a top 10 PF in the league.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I agree. He is our best basketball player, skill wise. He just wasn't blessed with the height and/or jumping ability to dominate in the NBA.

...I do love that he pretty much disproves these claims of how rebounding is all about athleticism. It's not. It's about anticipation and desire. It is a skill.

6. aceman

aceman Contributing Member

What he lacks in athleticism, he more than makes up in intelligence. It’s the Argentina way. Seriously, most international players (on average) have much higher basketball intelligence than our American players. They have too because of their lack of athleticism!

7. darin1998

darin1998 Member

Agreed, aceman. Scola has the highest basketball IQ on the team.

I would take five Scola's over 5 McLazy's any day.

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i know he's appeared in every game this year, but did he even miss a game last year?

he seems to have changed up his inside game though i can't quite put my finger on it. i haven't seen him get blocked underneath the rim, whereas last year it was a pretty frequent occurrence. more importantly, he's changed something about his post game. when he spins, he's actually shooting it normal-handed off the glass, rather than trying that underhanded flip he always used. that move has become money.

i wish we would run some more plays for him in the post.

9. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Don't forget his National team was the world champion and he was the MVP of that team. :)

10. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Scola is great, and im glad that he is finally starting to shine like i always knew he could. Since the first day he got here he has been my favorite player. But lets not forget about MAndry. He is beasting right now. Scolandry is the best power forward in the league.

11. Seth

Seth Member

I would like to go yo him in the Clutch, i think he has the Ginobili potential.

In our NT he and Manu aand number 1 or 2 options during the Clutch, and i can´t recall a miss from him.

I do recall misses from Manu and from Noc.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Exactly! When our defense begins to sputter and Ron goes on an ISO-jacking-up-shots spree, I always wish we would feed the ball to Scola.

The guy just produces.

That move he put on Bosh last night....that was down right nasty! :D

13. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Good thread. Scola is vastly underrated/under appreciated

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Oh yeah, had to say. I loved Scola's facial expression after his SLAM last night. :D

15. ibm

ibm Member

it was an ordinary dunk, but it was a pretty funny face from scola. it's like, "wow, i just surprised myself". or, "what, you didn't think i could do that?" made laugh for good.

16. lalala902102001

Scola just has a nose for the ball...some of his offensive rebounds where he beat two guards to the ball are just ridiculous. I really wish we had Scola against Utah a couple of years ago. If we got some of those rebounds we would have won that series.

17. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

The Argentenian Sensation!

18. Seth

Seth Member

Someone please can post the Scola Dunk?

19. monster

monster Member

Most consistant player on the team.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

+1