1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Sign DE Antonio Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by david_rocket, Feb 28, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How can anyone call him Anthony Weaver part 2 BEFORE even playing with us?

Dang, give the dude a shot to prove himself. I remember after Mario's first year he was bust bust bust according to 90% of the fanbase, and to the whole nation it would have been much better to get Bush or Young.

Boy were they wrong.

Also people are forgetting about Amobi Okoye. He's the wildcard in all this, he came into the NFL at 19...playing a grown man's game basically but he still showed flashes. Once Okoye grows up a bit he's going to beast also and our Dline will beast beast beast.

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The whole nation thought we should get Bush over Mario. In TEXAS they thought Vince. No where else.

But good point.

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I really wanted Vince. I'm glad the choice wasn't up to me.

That Mario isn't too shabby.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Meanwhile, Vince Young has looked like complete crap...so much so that Kerry Collins has put Vince firmly on the bench.

5. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

Is Terence Cody not in this draft? I'd love to see someone like him, he's the next Ted Washington. I'd love to see him on those short yardage situations like old fridge perry. Who needs ron dayne back if we had him.

6. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Maybe all those wishes of getting Vince young will still come true in the future as a back up QB for us when his contract expires. However, i really hope he improves as a UT fan that loved watching him play more than anyone to this date or before. Maybe he'll start using his legs again to be dual threat, or a longshot would be converting him to play TE. :cool: