1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM POWER RANKINGS] Houston at # 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Mar 2, 2009.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

when i am writing, i go by my mind. i've never tried to reorder the wording except making spelling changes. :D

2. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

We have all been begging for that Stockton Revenge for about 12 years now!

Although I would like to see us play them in the 1st round, they have been the buggaboo for us for 2 years now. I think we have the weapons to take them out this year.

Just the momentum and confidence of taking them out and getting that weight off our shoulders could propel us to the WCF

All this team needs to do is believe that they can win, and win they will do.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I have a feeling that this year's Rockets team would kick the crap out of the Jazz in a playoff series.

4. colin2008

colin2008 Member

you want a champion
    you must face anyone

5. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

We'll see if the Jazz stay 4th in the power rankings after the rockets win this game on wednesday!! We probalbly would've been 4th ranked if they didn't choke that Chicago game..

6. echu888

echu888 Member

Someone mentioned in the NBA Dish ... I would LOVE it if the Jazz ended up as the 8th seed.... 1st round matchup, Lakers and Jazz.... that would be excellent.

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You cant be scared to face anyone... ANYONE.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Now, without checking the standings, can you name the only team that hasn't lost a game since the All-Star break?

If you guessed the Utah Jazz, you are correct.

Utah (9) 37-23 Pace: 91.1 (11), Off: 112.4 (6), Def: 108.2 (11)
    The Jazz have turned it up on both ends of the floor since the break, with a 117.1 offensive rating and a 102.4 defensive rating over seven games. As Carlos Boozer gets back into it, Ronnie Brewer has put together three 20-plus games for the first time in his career.

They r realy good.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I didn't think it deserved it's own thread, so here's SI's ranking of the Rockets plus an interesting comment from Battier:

LINK

10. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Yeah! The reason is because Carlos Boozer is probably the most fundamentally sound and pretty much the best power forward other than Dwight Howard that is American. Oh yeah and his college coach jusrt happened to be Team USA coach.

I've been watching Boozer since he used to destroy my are boys high school squad. He had skills then too.

My point is Boozer's been balling. He didn't need the mismatch between Yao and him to show that!!

I'd like too see what Boozer does with Ron is his grill. :mad:

The Jazz have only beat us in the past because of mismatches and injuries. They don't really have neither now.

11. Electro

Electro Member

I'm not even going to lie...the jazz are playing as good AS ANYONE.

I don't wanna face em in the playoffs if they were to start today becuz they are clicking! CLICKING!

The jazz deserve number 4, and I have no IDEA what it would be like to play them with the team we have now.

We have 2 games at there house left this season...it's going to say alot about how good we'll do in the playoffs.

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

That's why we are good vs the Jazz, Yao don't need to worry about Boozer/Okur/Kirilenko any more. Artest and Scola won't let Boozer and AK to surround Yao. There is no more Hayes or Rafer on this team where the Jazz can play off.

Scola will toy with Boozer and exposed his horrific defense. Now the Jazz will be force to guard everybody. And Houston will not go with only 4 guys to score on a basketball game. With have a bench now, we have 2 PF now and a healthy Yao.

BTW Okur was awful on that series.

13. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

They have 8 streak now :)

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This thread is where it's at. Now we're talking like old Rockets fans.

15. ty185

ty185 Member

because jazz is such a bad match up for us...

forget about the Yao-Boozer or Yao Okur match up, the thing I'm pissed off the most is...

who the hell is Ron Artest and Shane Battier going to guard when playing utah? We have one of the best wing defences in the league. Unfortunately, utah doesn't have anyone worthy of being guarded by that best defence. :)

I'm not afriad of the jazz. but if our best offensive weapon are having a hard time to dominate them; while our best defensive weapon will not be effective because (duh!) the guys they will guard sucks offensively... that screams for matchup disadvantages for us.

16. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

big game this week @JASS

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Let's try Artest on Boozer, Scola on Okur, Yao on Kirilenko, Lowry/Brooks on DWill, and Battier on Korver/whoever they start at shooting guard.

18. BigTiger

BigTiger New Member

I think #6 or #7 will be more reasonable.

19. chasingu

chasingu Member

Actually, they are on a real 8-game winning streak now.