1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glen Rice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UTweezer, May 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

What can we do with this guy? It's obvious that his best days are behind him. So basically, we are stuck with his 30mil/3yr contract? We could use that extra 10mil/yr.

We can't release him or find any takers. So we're stuck with him until when? '03?

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

We can drive him out into the country, then drop him off- much like they tried to do to the Encino Man.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

These are the only (legal) options I can think of:

1) Package with pick #5 and/or #15. The downside is that the Rocks will need to take in equally bum contract value (same money but probably for a longer time period).

A quick goofy example - #5 + Rice + 15 + KT for Miami's #10 and Edde Jones (player option in 2005!).

2) A contract buyout.

3) Package Rice near the Feb. 15th trade deadline to a contender. This assumes he is moderately productive. Again ,we will have to eat a bum contract in return.

That's it.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

We need to make like the Godfather. Force him to retire by "making him an offer he can't refuse." That would clear cap room. :D

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

or we could put a horse head in his bed, just to show him we mean business around here. That might motivate him, or it might scare him into retirement. I am hopping for the latter. ;)

6. Baqui99

"Just when I thought I was out, they kept pulling me back in!"

7. Baqui99

What if we fed Glen Rice to Mo Taylor, since Mo loves to eat so much.

8. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

dammit y couldnt we tell that to them sooner...he already ate dan langhi.