1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quote from T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxwin, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

The problem is his attitude. So basically he thinks that Rockets haven't won a championship because the team is average but not mentioning his own failures. The fact that he compares his current situation to Kobe/Shaq or Pierce/Garnett shows that he truely thinks that he would have played harder or with more heart IF HE WAS ON A DIFFERENT TEAM. What a bunch of crock!! So his faults this year are attributed to what team he is on or what teammates he has? So is he stating that he would have rehabbed better if Shaq was on Rockets instead of Yao or if Ray Allen was on the team instead of Artest?

F*** T-MAC. I, and majority of Houstonians, are done with him. You pathetic "and-1" basketball lovers can kiss his ass all you want.
    THE GUY IS A F****** LOSER!!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac has to go, funny how good this team is playing now that he is gone...his style sucks the life out of other players on his own team.

DD - Fater

3. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

I really dont know what LES like about him?

He just played one great season 4 us which is the 04-05 season, and then got the big contract, and played like crap then till now.
    I dont know why LES turned down the trade with Piston about C.Billups and Prince.

Billups AB Lowry/Rafer
    Ron Battier BB
    Prince Battier Ron
    Scolandry Ron
    Yao Hayes Mutombo

That must be the greatest roster of the whole league! A dynastry!!!

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Hey T-mac look at the f'ing standings. Looks like we haven't lost a game since your @ss got owned by the rim. T-mac you are such a loser you have an excuse for your excuse for that excuse. Grow up, man up, shut up, u stupid F'ck up.

At the end of the season when we win that Championship Yao's gonna be saying in his best Garnett/Shaq impression - "T-mac tell me how my @ss taste?" "What you gonna say now, what can you say now?"

5. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

since you are smart as tmac

6. StraightG

StraightG Member

umm, what's that supposed to mean?

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Then why didn't he say "if I were healthy me and Yao would be dominant" or "if I were healthy Houston would take the next step". Instead everything is "what if I were on this team that could carry me".

8. RocksMillenium

No, that's not what he meant. He said, that if he were on another championship team, and replaced that superstar (in this case Pierce and Kobe) they would have won a championship. Instead he was "stuck" on average teams. Yet, those "average" teams happened to blow 2-0 and 3-1 series with him at the helm. Or lose their first games at home in a playoff series. How about McGrady being on an "average" team that had Game 7, at home, with him proclaiming that they would advance and if they didn't it was on him? Is that his fault or the "average" team's fault? Because, apparently, he thought that "average" team was good enough to get into the 2nd round. Average teams don't finish the season with 50 wins and #4 and #5 seeds. I'm really sick of his excuses. If you ask Kobe or Shaq why they're not on championship teams they would say hard work. Prior to getting Allen and Garnett, Pierce was stuck on bad teams asking for help. Pierce would have killed to be on the Rockets teams the last few years, and the Rockets team that lost to Dallas.

#128 RocksMillenium, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  9. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah I think Pierce might've actually said something like that a few seasons ago.

10. RocksMillenium

Iverson also said something like that as well. He all but said he would love to have Yao on his team.

11. StraightG

StraightG Member

Ok, but I think there was a reason that he mentioned Shaq, Duncan, and the Celtics. Those are teams that had a consistent superstar big man (Shaq, Duncan, and Garnett) and were very talented. I'm not sure why its crazy to think that if he replaced Kobe, Pierce that those teams would still go far. You mentioned Kobe. I'm pretty sure I remember him calling out his teammates in a more vicious fashion. Plus, would Kobe or Pierce have killed to be on a team where their superstar big man goes down for half the season. That severely decreases the talent level of the team. Again, I don't really see he you can criticize T-Mac for these comments.

12. Fuse

Fuse Member

It has been quite a while since I have posted... but I find this occassion to be too hard to resist.

If you are paid $20 MM/year, you are expected to be the man and not blame your failures on the lack of another super star - although Yao is as good as any other second fiddle as there can be. Lebron carried a much less talented team than the rockets had in the past 3 years to both the finals and the conference finals respectively. AI carried even a less talented team to the finals. Even if we exclude last year since Yao was absent, the prior two years were where we should of expected Tracy to prove his worth, he came up short.

The timing of this statement, in conjuction with his season ending surgery annoucement was all too impeccable. He has already give up on his team, just like he did in Orlando.

I am very happy with our current team without Tmac. The passion and grit we have now is exactly what we were missing. Can you imagine if we added 2 more all stars or just simply very good players in place of Tmac's $20 MM contract? The future is bright, especially with Morey at the helm. I trust his judgement and so far he has yet to disappoint us with his prudent decisions, although we doubt him time and time again...

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Lets see now. Pretty much TMAC is a whiner and a complainer. Remember he also makes excuses about the home court at Toyota Center and DEPTH PERCEPTION for his pathetic shooting?

14. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Yea having a 38.8 field goal percentage playing with Shaq, Pierce, Duncan is gonna win him a championship :rolleyes:

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Man I can't stand T-Mac fanboys. If Kobe was on this team instead of Lazy McLady, we would be a championship team.

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Answer is NO. Anyone who followed those championship runs should know Kobe, Manu, and Paul just played great games during the run, if you put TMac in, then Shaq could complain his no ring in Lakers right now, Duncan could ask a trade to get another ring, and KG is still looking a first ring right now. I am not kidding, there are something to support this argument.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac's problem is that he continually fails to realize that he is the problem.

DD

18. leonking

leonking Rookie

There's no question. There's definitely no question.

19. Koncept_Rocket

It's ok man, I agree with you. The question was clearly in line with his answer. The guy who started the thread failed to quote the question. No one bothered to go back and read what it pertained too.

20. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member