1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Cavaliers 74

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Our new PG combo had 14 assists and only 1 TO. Not too shabby.

2. TheBigAristotle

kick. ass. win. :)

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol here comes halftime and watch how they talk about how great the Lakers are and give us 1 minute highlights.

I have no problem with them talking about the Lakeshow, they're the best team in the NBA...but damn talk about our team during OUR halftime.

4. amadeus

amadeus Member

Picture of the year.

5. defire

defire Member

this is exactly the team i believe everyone is dreaming of - Yao, Artest and Scola will be our main guys, they will chip in 50-60 points per night. and we just need other guys to step up at different night. it could be shane, it could be arron, it could be landry, and tonight it's wafer.

6. jose

jose Member

well if you watch a lot of nba ball including the cavs, did you notice how no open shots were hitting for them? normally when a team tries to specifically shut down lebron, delonte mo Z step up, and the team realizes that doesn't work.

I realize the rox are playing great defense lately, so I am giving credit to the rockets for their great defense, but am also saying this isnt exactly the best measuring stick.

and im not always gonna be optimistic after seeing this team disappear in the playoffs and knocked out of the 1st round time after time, it's been almost 14 and 15 years since the rockets have won championships, and that long since they've had a team that doesn't choke or have a soft "super"star.

I cant just always be a homer, thats why I pay attention to every good team to see the differences, but I will gain faith if houston gets the 3rd or 2nd seed.

7. ludingji

ludingji Member

i regretfully missed the game. but so happy to learn the rox had such a good game. great defense, great chemistry. the only thing im worried about is how to cope with teams like lakers. they have talented players like us, the fourth quarter killer MVP kobe which we dont have, and their average height is horrible. i am eager to see a game against the lakers and see whats gonna happen.

8. OpportunityCost

TNT needs to attach some electrodes to Charles, and when ever he says something that appears to be devoid of thought, give em a good little shock. :D

9. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

Interesting to wonder how McGrady must feel during this little run, particularly after tonight. After such a Yao, Artest/Battier, Wafer and Team performance.

10. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

I know the guy in the Tmac/Wafer jersey...bad ASS

11. sando

sando Member

This team can beat anyone.

12. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Yao blocked LBJ ,I am excited to see the block :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!!

13. sando

sando Member

Hahaha! This one made my day!

14. Zee

Zee New Member

great game!!

great defense by artest and battier

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let me tell you why Delonte and Big Z didn't step up...because they couldn't.

Delonte had Shane on him for much of the game, no one mentions that. Shane shut him DOWN. Big Z had Chuck, Scola, and Yao on him for the game...

One game isn't a measuring stick you're right...but this is Rockets Defense, they've been a top 5 defensive team for the past few years for a reason you know.

16. wyprc

wyprc Member

What a great performance by our boys, outstanding!!!
    Ron and Battier shut LBJ down, wow!!! It's a successful revenge to Cavs cheaters, refs helped them out last time, and whistles in our favour this time, we are even.
    Everybody did a nice job on defence, together we did such an awesome team defence, that's what we need in the playoffs. Eliminate the Jazzholes if we meet them again, as Ron said he'd help us to beat them in the playoffs, and I believe him. We will make it west finals at least if we keep playing this way, whoever makes the western champion shall take the championship of this year. The rumor says it's one year east and another west, it's the west year, yeah!!!

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol Charles...he's basically saying Lebron tried to go one on five and that's why he had a bad game.

Just like how Kobe tried to go one on five during the finals? You know why he did go one on five? Because the C's shut everyone else down and Kobe had no choice but to take low % shots.

Of course though, we're not the Celtics and no mention of Ron's defense against Lebron. Just Lebron tried to go one on five.

Lol I luv it, keeping doubting us guys i'm sure the team is enjoying proving you guys wrong.

18. Pahokee

Pahokee Member

That's my boy Big Mike doin his thang!

19. sn09

sn09 Member

now THATS what i call 'No Layups' defence! that was awesome

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Shane BATtierMAN and ROnBIN put on some Pow, splat, ding job on king joker james :cool: