1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 98, Blazers 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

The team needs to improve their execution. Their impatient and forcing things. They also need to move the ball quicker when Yao is fronted and not miss him when he gets open.

Terrible officiating. And it's not going to get any better with Wallace and Varejeo coming into town on Thursday.

2. rffdc

rffdc Member

that's a little bit scary, anyway, a win is a win, scola-great hustle, artest-big heart...

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Great, great win! Go Rockets! I'm so happy right now. I think we really need this game against Cleveland though. It's going to be at home and I think Yao still remembers what the refs did to him in the previous matchup. Anyways, really looking forward to that game.

4. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

Maybe the ref Scott Foster had money on this game...4pt win..4 and 1/2 pt spread

5. dero72

dero72 Member

Yao seems like one of those players that needs consistent coaching on the intangibles. He needs a Dream to daily remind him that he is a monster and he MUST impose his will. He needs to be HATED by fans of the other team in between the game clocks.

6. ikfit

ikfit Member

Great Win.

4 ---- our final place in west.

They are pretty mature team, We need more focuse on 3rd.

3rd and 4th, AB need review his play.

7. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

You are wrong because it was a big win since they were ahead of us in the standings.

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

good game, great win. but man, we're at home and the officiating is still bad. if it remains the same for the cavs game, its gonna be tough to pull it off.

9. somenobody

somenobody Member

Not beautiful! But great win!

10. Juliann

Juliann Member

Pretty miserable last 6 minutes but good win none the less, and 4th is ours!!! :D

11. jwayne

jwayne Member

tired of seeing Yao get the crap beat out of him and no calls... i agree with Bull... flops should be at least an intentional foul. get em out of the game.

on a good note... i love the team, they play hard, fast paced basketball.

Brooks continues to impress with his game...

12. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Wow THANK YOU!!! Finally got an answer.

13. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I know we blown the lead... but even the lakers blew a big lead to get OCT back in the game...

AB just needs to calm down, he'll be alright with time.... :D

14. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

The refs allowed too many fouls on Yao, but didn't allow him to play. Any move of Yao was called offense foul. :mad: We won 5 against 8 again.

15. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Brooks 2 assists. Is he is a PG?

16. krockets

krockets Member

Yao is having a below average game today... Another problem I see is that when Yao was double or triple teamed at the end, no one else could score for us...

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You mean the same way everyone said that Dallas and Portland was going to crucify us. :rolleyes:

18. mclawson

mclawson Member

I answered you in the game thread too.

19. duteman

duteman Member

yao almost lost it for us but had a string of good possessions later...scola def the mvp and team played well.

yao needs to get a killer instinct and figure out the double team better or we'll be in trouble later

20. rocketsmetalspd

Your next LJ. Landry should be back. The team will get better as time goes by and going over the film will correct the fourth quarter mistakes on offense. The D has been solid.