1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trade Yao for Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ppzh, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Even, Hayes get a shot contract, do you think LES would throw out his money maker? grow up, Yao will go nowhere...

2. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

PF who plays for Suns who might end up like Stuart Scott

3. choujie

choujie Member

For some unknown reason, there are way more Yao haters among Chinese fans than among normal fans.

4. nomad_balla

nomad_balla Member

i agree.. the OP is a Chinese yao hater. and there are many of them out there

5. scalper

scalper Member

I think its the Tmac fans... the thinking now that the Rox are being a Yao lead team, it is a threat to the greatness of Tmac :rolleyes:

for Yao im going to atleast give him 2 or 3 more years leading this team before I start bashing him for no playoff success

the irony of it is... Tmac fans are willing to give Tmac till he is 65 years old...

6. wxzcool

wxzcool Member

actually OP is taiwan Chinese

7. rechenx

rechenx Member

China has a lot of the population,more than 1.3 billion.
    There is an old Chinese saying-----There are all kinds of birds in the forests.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

don't trade yao. he's a great 2nd leading guy. just try to get a top-notch superstar instead and things will fall into place.

9. mms

mms Member

Yao is a cash cow. Les will never trade Yao away because of his ability to draw eyes from China. Yao is a good player but not the one some think who can be the 1st option in a championship team. He has been here for 7 years. 7 years with empty hands. Tmac was good but Yao&Tmac combo could not even pass the 1st round.

The only way to get a championship is bringing in a real mvp caliper player like Kobe, LBJ, Wade or CP3 and playing Yao as the 2nd option.

10. rechenx

rechenx Member

I agree.Yao will be a good choice for the 2nd option.

11. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Actually,there are way more Yao fans among Chinese fans than Yao haters,but Yao haters are bashing YAo all the time.They are just pure YAo haters,they bash YAo no matter how good he played in the game.Most of Yao lovers just ignore what they say,so,it looks like there are way more YAo haters among Chinese fans.
    You guys ,just ignore what he post and enjoy our game ;)

12. yume

yume Member

ROFL

DO YOU WATCH THE GAME OF BASKETBALL? YAO MING IS NOTHING COMPARED TO ANY OF THOSE PLAYERS YOU JUST MENTIONED.

13. ibm

ibm Member

ROFL

DO YOU WATCH THE GAME OF BASKETBALL?

in your own words. lol.

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I agree. Yao is not, IMO, a franchise player. You can't build around him, or you can, but I don't think he has what it takes to get your teams some chip's.
    I do think, however, that he is a good sidekick.

15. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Even only with Lebron and Kobe, Rox won't improve without adding a decent center. Unless you think you can trade Yao for Lebron or Kobe, plus a decent center. Yao is the best center in NBA right now.

16. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

That's might be because T Lazy not good enough. Has that guy ever got out of first round with anyone?

17. choujie

choujie Member

Kobe with Odom couldn't make out of 1st round either. He had to wait until Paul Gasol became a Laker. Garnett,Pierce, Ray Allen all had empty hands longer than Yao before they played together.

Rockets never had talent around healthy Yao/Tmac in playoffs before. So please don't just judge Yao by past playoff failures.

18. Dei

Dei Member

trade yao directly to league office for championship? genius!!!

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Really? You think if we didn't have that money from the chinese shoe makers we'd be signing all this talent at will? Be glad we aren't the poor ass Grizzlies...

And Yao is a good center and tries his ass off in what he does. I can't say the same about some other superstars...

I'm surprised this hasn't been locked...

20. dexkk

dexkk Member

The problem is that no team with players better than Yao will be willling to trade for him. The best thing you can do by trading Yao is getting couple of good role players. If that's what you really want, sure we can trade Yao away. Personally, I think it's easier to build a championship around him than trading him away and rebuilding.

Also, without TMac and Yao, it would be really hard appealing to great players to come to Houston for a run at a championship. Without them, the only way to get a superstar is by drafting them or trading for them before they reach that level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.