1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Mavericks 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Who is Tmac? Does he play for the bulls. Sucks for them they have had so many injuries this year. Glad the Rockets team is healthy. We have so much team chemistry this year! Great team win tonight!

2. In_&_Out

In_&_Out Member

Yep, I got the same feeling from a game he called for us earlier in the season. Nice to see the Rockets getting some love from someone other than US. Hubie=Red Rowdy :D

3. lucaslee

lucaslee Member

excite for this game,great win!

4. kmoney

kmoney Member

josh howard is a thug and dirty player, i swear he tries to hack at yao any moment he can get :mad:

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dallas was hot, I think they were 7-2 in their last 9 or something. To be dealing with all the uncertainty, to no longer have Rafer, to have that many TO's and to play such sloppy ball and to win anyway was big.

6. 9495

9495 Member

I would take the risk of losing a game or two to give Yao more rests, so that he is more efficient while playing, and most importantly, to minimize the chance for injury.

Like towards the end of the third quarter, when the team was leading...

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

dirk nowitzki had 9 pts or whatever and we still barely won........jj barea looked like steve nash out there......yao only had 2 pts in the 4th quarter......sorry people, i cant get too excited over this.........last 2 real possession was aaron brooks holding the ball till the shot clock was at like 6 and then putting up a wild lay up and a 3, luckily the 3 went in.

8. ludingji

ludingji Member

i miss the game until the last 8 minutes, what i saw is a mess. nobody is cool enough and a few turnovers. yao still is confused whether to finish the offense himself or pass, the guy should be tougher and stronger, at least skilled enough at pretending to shoot, create an open postion for his shooters, and pass the ball out. AB is pretty confident and enthusiastic, but lacks experience, which is what he gotta improve in order to deal with those top PG in the playoff. ron gotta be smarter, calm down at the crucial moment.

9. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member

woo....Lowry is not bad...and his just threw the crazy alleyoop pass to Yao at backcourt..not work though... :eek: :D

10. OpportunityCost

I am totally with you on that last statement. This kind of basketball is fun to watch. Not alot of stagnation, or one person dribbling for like 15 seconds. I saw a lot of ball movement and cohesiveness. Other than a few ill advised jacks by Artest(other than that his game was on point), it was fun to watch. Also can't wait to see Lowry once he becomes more acclimated to his new team.

11. OpportunityCost

what a killjoy :eek:

12. daernoth

daernoth Member

Loved the game, loved our young guys, loved the team ball. Now if Artest would stop forcing shots...

13. sun123456

sun123456 New Member

Great win!
    Rafer's first show in Orlando 29min 1-9 FG, 0-3 3PFG, 8 Assists, 3 Steals, 1 TO, 3pts :p

14. ThaShark316_28

Rafer been on a assists hot streak lately...lol

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

aaron brooks > jason kidd
    ron artest > josh howard

16. GeForce911

GeForce911 Member

I think SCOLA played very good, he Made important contributions towin the game. Look at Nowitzki 's Scores (9)and Hit rate(4-18). have you seen such a low percentage of hits with Nowitzki before this game .so ,abosolutely,these are SCOLA 's done

17. Natakublaze

Natakublaze Member

haha glad i picked him up on my fantasy team when i heard the trade

I knew he wouldn't disappoint

Although I recently just lost my first pick...amare...

And a few weeks back Jason Terry...

UGHHHH

BUT GREAT WIN AND GREAT FINISH!!!!

18. Grace2008

Grace2008 New Member

IT SEEMS THAT THE TRADE IS NOT BAD, BUT WE NEED MORE GAMES TO PROVE IT

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6273629.html

Do you think this play was called by Rick or they merely wanted AB to do it and sort of expected Aaron to make the right play ? Either way, I'm worried.

- If it was called I'm really worried about Ron. If you look at the clutchfans video of the last two threes by AB you can see Artest calling for the ball the minute the rebound was secured and AB got the ball. He walked up the court and had his hands in the air for a few secs but when AB refused he finally 'stayed within the offense.' The last thing he did was twirl his hands in the air that people had to rotate / move or whatever but nobody reacted. He probably wanted to take it upon himself (again). Glad that AB did what the coach asked of him

- If it wasn't called I'm also a bit worried because especially with a 2nd year guy like AB in a clutch situation like that to call for a play just in case, as insurance in case the motion offense (take what the defense gives you) doesn't work.

Also the Rockets should really send a tape with all the hacking players got away with on Yao, the moving screens that were set by mainly Nowitzki, the blocking fouls / no calls that should've been charges and the flopping of Josh Howard. If we get treated like this in a playoff time game at home, how bad will it be on the road ? Very worrisome and this game was definetly officiated in favor of the Mavs, it's not even close.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wouldn't worry too much about it.

IMO it's good that Artest wanted to take the big shot or make the big play. Artest is playing for a contract and playing selfishly isn't going to get him what he wants...since one of his knocks has been that he's a ball-stopper. He's here to prove that he can play within a team and be a good player and not a head case. I've seen times Kobe call for the ball, and didn't get it but his teammate made a good play and he was happy. So as long as Artest is happy about it.

But lol did anyone notice AB after the 2nd three that he highfived everyone and goes right past Lowry? Probably nothing, AB seems like a cool dude and probably just didn't see Lowry.

You look at Dirk on the other end, he had Brooks on him and DIDN'T demand the ball