1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New rivalry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pole, Apr 15, 2000.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I love the new Rockets, but they're just that: The New Rockets.

Barring a miracle, they aren't going to win the championship next year. We have a long ways to go, but Rudy can do a lot with what he is given, and this should be an exciting to watch perennial playoff team, and I’m not the least bit bummed about that. I look forward to years of exiting basketball from this new team, and if another championship comes, that will just be icing on the cake.

Say what you want about Dallas; they have a new owner who’s picking fights with Vescey (or maybe it’s the other way around), they have a crazy coach, and they’ve been perennial losers for well, forever—--hell, they even took a gamble with Rodman this year.

Still, they have a NICE young nucleus of players and an owner who’s willing to spend LOTS of cash. Good management and coaching can only make them more dangerous. San Antonio and Utah are aging fast, Portland is about to fall apart—figuratively and literally, Los Angeles is going to be kicking ass for a long time (like it or not—Phil will turn them into a dynasty), and the other contenders in the west are just a few years ahead of us, but so many miles away—they haven’t been good long enough to care that much about.

Dallas is going to become our next big rival. We are going to jockey back and forth for the same position for years to come, and I’m gonna love every minute of it. I’m one of those guys who hates the cowboys, but I could never hate the Mavs ‘cuz they sucked so bad. Now they are winning games and drawing suspensions for altercations with our players—and I think it’s awesome! I’ll have a reason to hate them, and I’ll get excited every time they play

I wish the Mavs well—but not too well. I look forward to many years of kicking their asses.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

2. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Let the I-45 RIVALRY BEGIN!!!!

------------------
    www.takeoutmusic.com- the future of independent music

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I hate Vancouver, Bibby and those two punks Dickerson and Harrington.

we just need more tomatoes than their fans!

who's on the bandwagon with me Wednesday!

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Pole --

Well said. I am starting to agree with you concerning the Mavs. I've felt that Sacramento and Houston would be a good matchup for years because of the electrifying points also ... but Dallas I think will be there also. Nowitzki in my opinion is going to be a serious player... did anyone see that dunk he had on the break in the game at the Laptop?

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm about ready to start a rivalry with francisandbarkleyrule.

hold me back! someone hold me back!

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why so much hatred for the Cowboys? Yeah let the I-45 rivalry begin. When the Rockets and Mavs play I'll have to cheer for the Rocks, but when the Cowboys and Texans (god that is the dumbest name) play I'll be cheering for the other side.

------------------