1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Rafer was about to beast for us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 20, 2009.

1. leonking

leonking Rookie

27.0 points on 24.3 FGA, 42.4 shooting (20.8% on 3s), 62% FT, 8.2 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 3TO, 1.3 steal.

Most people here called this a beasting playoff player.

2. redao

redao Member

I dont know who this player is. This player is more competitive and might draw a ton of double team. 24.3 FGA is huge. either he is a ball hog or his team is crap.

3. bjshot

bjshot Member

Rafer is consistent in all catergories except shooting. But his shooting percentage up during clutch time. A big loss for Rockets. They just give up this year's WC.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You are overrating Rafer something fierce...

And he is NOT anywhere close to being a better playmaker than McGrady, as you seem to be implying. The fact that he can't be a spot-up shooter is also a major weakness, even though I don't really think that's true. All those threes that he's inconsistent with (even when he's making them) are spot-up shots...

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

man, i think rafer was gonna BEAST too

he was gonna average 20 and 12....

THERE WAS NO FREAKING INDICATION OF THIS IN HIS 4 YEARS HERE....

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Those numbers are better for one thing, and it's splitting hairs, but for the record, he shot 42.5%.

7. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

is that wade?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If this dude is the Realist, I'd like to hear the Romanticist take on what might have been...

ZING

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

There was actually no point in keepin Rafer. First he's 32 years old. He's hit his peak, he's not getting any better. Second, I think the Rockets realize that we're not gonna win this year without a healthy McGrady. That also puts us out of contention for next year since he will miss half of next season as well. In that time we might as well develop AB and Lowry, be major players in the 2010 FA class, and take our shot in 2011...

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Its kind of like having liver all of your life and getting used to it...hopefully Lowry and Brooks will be like steaks.

11. TheBigAristotle

I like the subject/verb agreement of the title. Great work.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We sold high.

That's good general managing.

13. carib

carib Member

All this is not a big surprise considering they were shopping Rafer around since Morey took over. Morey must have faith in Brooks and Lowry. The only faults I see is that Brooks is more of a scoring point guard than assists man, while Lowry is not a spot up shooter, and both a not experienced as starting point guards in the NBA.
    This move is a long term move and the two PGs will get better. Hats off to Morey for taking this gamble, now lets hope it pays off.

14. leonking

leonking Rookie

Gosh, it is Tmac in the last playoff. How can you forget his 62.5% FT at that time?

15. vince100

vince100 Member

Excellent post! Exactly what I had in mind about the trade. Cannot believe 24 hours later some people turned to like this trade.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

Perhaps. But do you want to just hope that he happens to be in an upswing when the playoffs roll in?

I like Lowry's potential upside.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm saying he shoots better when he is playing naturally, not when his only job is to stand in the perimeter and wait for set shots.