1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Next Day: Happy with the Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Feb 20, 2009.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2009.
  1. Yes

400 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. No

170 vote(s)
    29.8%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I know it seems strange to repeat this poll just one day after it was asked initially. I think the vote yesterday was something like 65/35 against, but I have a hunch that the opinion has shifted after fans had a chance to listen the Morey's take on the trade and to sleep on it.

You can just answer yes or no to the poll. If you're really not sure, go with your gut. I'll close the poll after today. If mods feel this is unnecessary, they can lock it and I'll understand.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No poll

Still happy with the trade

3. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

From the good things everyone except ESPN has said on the trade I think it was a good move, cost cutting and finding a pg that Morey thinks will fit Adelman's system. However, I still wanna wait til I see Lowry play to decide if it was all just hype

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

New expectation, new hope!

5. carib

carib Member

I see the long term benefits of the trade, going from veteran to youth.
    I really hopes things work out quickly.

6. ty185

ty185 Member

didn't vote yesterday because I want to hear from management before I form my opinion.e

won't vote today still because I want to see Kyle Lowry play a couple dozen games before I form my opinion now.

hopefully, by the end of the regular season, we'll know we made the right move. :)

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Unbelievable... 82% Yes

It was the total opposite yesterday. I voted Yes then too, by the way.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

My first reaction was like almost everyone elses, what were we thinking? But as time passed and after sleeping on it, I like this trade. It [may] helps us in the long run even though we dont have a veteran leading the show. But I like this trade.

9. durvasa

There you go, trying to be all reasonable. :)

It's ok to be opinionated and jump to conclusions as a fan. That's what this site is all about!

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

A beautiful day in Houston, Texas to develop a couple of young PG's for a 2011 title run...

11. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

12. Tornadoofsoul6

Been happy with the trade when they announced it, even happier today.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you wont know until the end of the year. thats the problem. We werent going anywhere this year without a healthy McGrady. Same goes for next year. We might as well develop both Brooks and Lowry. Lets be honest. Our next legit shot at a title wont come until after the summer of 2010, if we land a big free agent...if these two who promise, we'll probably hold on to them and see what happens in 2011. thats when we'll know the trade worked.

14. pillage

pillage Member

I liked this trade yesterday and still do. Brian Cook does nothing for me but Kyle Lowry is a player. Rafer was good and all however I'm excited to see Brooks play more and whoever hasn't seen Lowry play before, expect to be surprised.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I am. After hearing the praise from Morey, I can't help but be excited to see what our tandem of Brooks/Lowry will bring.

16. redao

redao Member

double happy when I saw the Morey's quote on Rafer.

17. durvasa

What did he say about Rafer?

18. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Haha don't be so homers boys, yesterday it was an inverse poll.

19. TheDream24

TheDream24 Member

Well I was happy 2 hours after the trade, I was unhappy when I first saw it though. I thought damn these guys are scrubs, well Cook still is a scrub in my opinion. Kyle Lowry is a pretty young and nice talent, He is similar to Rajon Rondo in many ways. His defense, his inability to shoot, ability to run the team. Although Lowry's numbers aren't so nice, he has had some nice games.

I like this trade about Lowry, Cook is a scrub though.

20. durvasa

I was just observing how the poll results changed over time. It's kind of interesting.

I think 16 out of the first 17, which happened within the first minute or two, were Yes. Since that point, it's gradually been evening out. It's about 75/25 right now, and I suspect it may be closer to 60/40 by game time.

What this tells me is that people who are happy with the trade are more excited today, and they (like me) are spending entirely too much time on this BBS. So, they are the first ones to answer, because they're already here.

So whatever the results of the poll are, they'll be distorted by this factor. A lot of people yesterday who didn't like the trade are probably going to be spending less time on the boards (at least for the time being).