1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry vs. Rafer vs. Brooks (Hotzones)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fuzzybear, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Olajuwon2Yao

Olajuwon2Yao Member

In terms of playing style yes they are similar. In terms of accomplishments and production? Not at all. I don't use numbers to compare similarities of players.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Too small a sample size. Brooks started in what, 6 or 7 games? I'm still not sold with Brooks starting. The way Morey sounded in the press conference, I wouldnt be surprised that Lowry got the starting position.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Playing style? Kidd is one of the GOAT PGs in teh league despite his shooting. Why? Because of his passing ability. Lowry is a SG in a PG's body. Their playing styles are like 10 miles away.

4. Olajuwon2Yao

Olajuwon2Yao Member

Do you have any legit proof that he is more of a scoring PG? From what I've seen and from what I've heard he is a pass-first PG. He is like Rondo, pass-first PGs who are great pesky defenders, neither of them can shoot the jump shot and both of them are explosive players.

I'll just take a guess and say you've never seen him play?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Those sample sizes are so ridiculously small...

6. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

True that.

I don't understand how people can defend lowry for his play as a PG. In his highlights, there are zero instances where he threw a pretty pass, other than a fastbreak lob to Rudy Gay for an alley opp. He looks a turnover machine in Houston and juz a trainwreak to the basket.

7. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

omg obviously he has to praise lowry and defend his acquisition as a basketball move but not a cost-saving move. Are you seriously that dumb to see it?

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You took the words right outta my mouth, except the part about t-mac.
    We are better without this years t-mac. We were gettin burned by younger teams all year we've seemed old and slow. So I'm thrilled with this trade and I hope the young guy comes in and contributes with his relentess energy and competes like he's known for. Lord knows we need both those things.

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Its not necessarily Rafer did anything wrong.

I think we can do fine without Rafer. AB, Barry, and Lowry in combination will be able to get the ball up the court and get us into our offense. Battier, even Artest can bring the ball up the court if need be.

Rafer was good at getting the ball where we needed it. Mainly to Yao. Adelman's offense isn't traditionally a dump to the superstar offense. He takes a different tack. And I see that AB and Lowry, even Barry better fit Adelman's mold. He wants the defense to have to stick on the point guard. He wants the initiation of the offense to be a point guard who, if you are not honest, can blow by you and get a layup or draw a foul. AB wasn't really able to draw fouls. Probably through no fault of his own, its just he was too small and they weren't giving him the calls. Hence Lowry.

Also we are not looking at Rafer's game against what Lowry brings in a vacuum. Its all about how it fits with the other players. And I think its going to work great. Who cares if Rafer> or Rafer< Lowry. I'm happy if Rockets >or= with Lowry. and I bet we will be better.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

fixed and when a player can break down a defense it opens up Yao and others for easy shots. He's 22 and a first rounder, of course it will take practice but for an aging point guard that the team has been trying to get rid of for 2 years...come on.

11. rice

rice Contributing Member

lory is like ab, they both are too short!

12. ohyesohyes

ohyesohyes Member

Kyle Lowry is not a good 3 point shooter.