1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Aldridge is reporting that Houston only gets Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Feb 19, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

Cook has a player option for next season which he definately will pick up.

2. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Brian Cook has a player option next year that I am sure he will exercise...

3. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

what the hell is everyone talking about? a few months ago like 90% of the board was willing to ship Rafer out for a bag of peanuts. The year before most of you were willing to pay someone to take him off our hands. When did everyone fall head over heals for Rafer?

I like him a lot for his passion, but come on guys... dont let his play from the last few games blind you.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

How was this good regards to salaray. Both COok's Lowery are signed until 2010, and their salaries equal 4,900,000, the same as alston's. And he was signed until the 2010 season too. I dont kno the ++ of this trade, but i am kinda ify about it tho. But i keep smilin wen i think.. KYLE LOWERY is the guy that dropped the triple double on us,and tipped in the game winning shot not to LONG aGO!

5. redao

redao Member

whoever loves JVG loves Rafer. vice versa.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

That's because it's not about people suddenly loving Rafer. It's about people realizing how craptastic this trade is.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I love JVG but not Rafer.

Another myth busted.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In the long run it is GOOD.

In the short run, too? Can Brooks/Lowry take a TMac-less team further than a Rafer-led team?

Or is this a sign that the Rox will reload, once again, this summer for next year's Fairy Tale ride on the Parade-Express?

9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

See, that's the thing. If the team were to tank starting now, they wouldn't be very high on the lottery ladder as the Minnesotas and Golden States of the Conference have had a head start for most of the season.

The Rockets have a pretty good record and have enough talent to still make a deep run. It doesn't make any sense to mortgage away this season...

10. Rocketrock

Rocketrock Member

According to hoopshype, Cook has a player option next year. You think he will opt out?

11. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

who are the 2 other players???