1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Rafer for Kyle Lowry and Brian Cook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ahess99, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

no more rafer and wafer combo dammit

2. Olajuwon2Yao

Olajuwon2Yao Member

Then I hope Von Wafer can play PG in this team, He actually can pass but he is more of a natural scorer.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Pallilo said the Rockets "shaved" off a million of the payroll.

4. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

It is just not the same. Rafer was my favorite whipping boy!

5. Rocketrock

Rocketrock Member

Moery, if you are targeting on next seaon, please rest Yao more so he won't get hurt again. Sure, you change big expiring contract to two small expiring contracts. But you waste another good year left with Yao.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I wouldn't give the starters job to AB until Lowry gets here, I was thinking the exact same thing as Hollinger that Lowry may be the starter. I know the Magic are happy to get a starting PG in Rafer to replace Nelson. If they thought that Lowry was better they probably could of gotten him as well but they were looking for an experienced PG like Rafer and they got him, he'll do great running that alley oop with Dwight.

Sorry to see Rafer go like 67% of the board that thought this was a bad trade, I can only guess this was about potential and that Lowry has more upside than Rafer.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know we like to hate on Adelman but...

Adelman is a good coach he's going to get the best outta Lowry that is for sure.

8. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

finally, a point guard that can actually penetrate and finish at the basket!

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Hmm, Cook and Lowry make the same amount as Rafer, so I don't see how that's possible. If Cook went to Memphis and Foyle and Wilks went to Houston, they would shave about a million.

10. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

same thing I said. Well we shall see what they are going to do.

11. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

Bigger deal is about the happen. Lowry headed to Clippers so we can land Davis and Kaman!

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stop posting the same BS all of the time. You are being tedious. We get it. You don't approve of this trade. I bet you b****ed about Rafer Alston a million times, too.

13. weic

weic Member

what a crap trade, with the absence of Tmac, rafer has been great on floor,he had solid assists number.....i dont like brooks, he dribbles too much......

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Legit source or just dreaming?

15. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I'd be elated about this deal if this deal happened in December. If we still had Francis and then Alston was shipped out, Francis would finally get the opportunity to play back to form.

NOW though Rafer isn't all that he still was a significant piece and if they were going to get rid of him they should've got a better deal than Cook and Lowry. Though I am a fan of Lowry's athleticism.

16. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

Looking at youtube vids and so on, i notice Memphis fans want him to play much more. saying he is the future of Memphis. High energy, strong D, and drives in. Maybe we aren't looking at this the right way

Also realize that WAFER did not play alot on other teams til he got to Houston. All he needed was playing time.

Maybe Lowry needs the same chance. I say give it to him.

IN MOREY WE TRUST

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

18. weic

weic Member

when is that going to happen?????????????????????

19. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I don't know how I feel about this trade. We trade a PG that can't hit the wide open three for a PG that is even WORSE at hitting the three ball.

Brian Cook???

O well. Hopefully it works out.

20. Thanos

Thanos Member

The only way this trade makes sense to me is if we traded tmac to the clippers for Baron Davis.

That would make Rafer redundant, and by trading him they actually came up with some room to absorb Bdiddy´s contract.

However, that seems highly unlikely.