1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our season just got sold.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

"The point is, it's not a move to upgrade the team this season."

Exactly right.

Nothing about this makes us any better this year.

They basically gave up on the current season it would appear, and it's a little early to be doing so in my opinion...

2. Gmoney29

Gmoney29 Member

At least we get 3 milllion in room in next years tax line

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Think people! This move was obviously made with the future in mind and has nothing to do with improving in the present. The OP is dead on.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

AB is an upgrade over Alston.....im confused....

5. leonking

leonking Rookie

If that's it, then Yes

6. worzel gummidge

Cook has a player option. Rockets actually added $250k more salary for next season.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You think he's ready to run an offense all by himself?

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

KYLE LOWERY is the guy that dropped the triple double on us,and tipped in the game winning shot not to LONG aGO!

9. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

AB is overrated as PG.
    This little guy cannot pass ball. He is a Bobby Jackson-like guy. Moreover, He is too short to defend.

10. anon3803

anon3803 Member

I doubt anybody is saying that Rafer is that good. I haven't liked him since we picked him up. However, he is critical to running our offense, especially without T-Mac doing some ball handling duties. Trading away a veteran mediocre PG is like trading away a veteran, mediocre QB in football. It takes time for the new guy, even if he is much much better, to adapt (i.e. this season is gone).

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I agree with that, I dont like the trade, but I dont think our season is over...we have a chance to have a good season. May not win a championship but we can make some noise...We were fine without Rafer when he was out for that short stint earlier on...i dont like the trade but it's not the end of the world...good luck to rafer man, i like orlando a little more now.

12. RocketsBearFan

I hope I'm wrong but our post passing and the rest of our season just went to Orlando with Alston. You guys know that Aaron is slightly less streaky than Rafer with none of the playmaking ability right? Aaron is a dribble machine that substitutes Rafer's teardrop for a drive into traffic only to get swatted by the opposing center. I don't get this trade at all.

13. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

A lot of posters got confused.

My thread got merged with this one. So I will start it again in the context of this thread. This season is "sold", not as going straight to the lottery, but as not looking to make a run. There are subtle differences.

So don't bring up Rafer isn't a Championship PG again.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I love Morey but it was probably the stupidest trad.

At least now we have NO HOPES. Thank you very much, we lost our best leader.

Damn it, I LOVE RAFER. I will miss this guy...

15. rage

rage Member

Hmm, so you claim we are not making a run? A run in the play-off? Can I take it further to mean a run for the title?
    So what the heck does this mean?

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think the fact taht the Rockets were so good on the 25-35% of nights that Rafer was on underscores how important was to get rid of him on the 65-75% of nights when he was abysmal.

17. krockets

krockets Member

I really don't know what the players should play for if they find out the management is giving up for the reason...

For the contract? For fun?...

As much as the word "heart" has been mentioned so far, I think it's safe to assume that we will see less of "heart" as the season progress...

18. michecon

You know, a run deeper in the playoffs.

Try read a few posts above also to understand what I mean, if you still don't, I can't really help you.

19. michecon

Yao Ming: This is exciting, now we really have a solid chance to pass the first round and maybe onto the WCG this year, now that we get rid of Rafer.....

Not!

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

All I am saying.