1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Starts at Point for us??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JKillaD23, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He is getting that Point Forward operation and will back in a few weeks.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Which one's 5'10?

3. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

me. im not doing anything these days.

4. flipmode

flipmode Member

who are you? oda mae brown? are you possessing daryl morey's soul to type out what you did for the internets to see?

5. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Kinda funny that Lowry was the pick that everyone wanted back during the Battier trade.

6. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Idn but I guarantee our starter will be under 6'1...

I cannot wait until we play the Jazz, and Deron Williams absolutely destroys us. Or Chris Paul. Or Billups. Or Parker. Or Fisher. Or Nash.... wait a second, every western playoff team has a PG that is going to eat us alive?!

Play for the lottery....which would be dumb...becuase there is 0 talent coming out.

...so what is our plan? It cannot be for 2010, because none of those big name guys would play with an inept Yao in the middle. There is nothing coming out of the draft.

7. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Aaron Brooks and Lowry are lightning quick. Fisher and Nash are old. Well Nash is Fisher can still move. Brooks bothered Billups with his speed. Guys are freaked out about this trade we just have to wait and see how it turns out.

8. Fiah

Fiah Member

9. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

I'm a huge Stevie Franchise homer, but the dude ain't coming back. AB is the point now.

10. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

i rofl'd to this post. it's so true, so true. deron williams, chris paul, billups, omfg. aaron get ready to be baptized with fire! and when the playoffs roll around, assuming we even make it, aaron will see those guys A games. Aaron got the better of them during the regular season, but come playoff time, they'll be lickin their chops.

11. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I'm not sure why we would deal the best defensive PG on our roster in a conference with Billups, DWill, CP3, Nash, and Kidd. There has to be something else in the works....there just has to be.

12. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

here is something i found in the chat room

Manny (Dominican Republic): Your thoughts on Aaron Brooks as the new PG in Houston?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:48 PM ET ) Like him better off the bench -- I think Lowry will be the starter.

13. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Yeah... notice that Clutch's thread about Adelman says that he will speak to the media after league approves DEALS (plural). Maybe Clutch is referring to more than one Rockets deal...?

14. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

as many times as Alston went up against Billups, Williams, Nash, Paul, and Kidd how many times have they brought it to him. Rafer let the hype get to him and the point guards just abused him :(

15. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Do we still have time to make trades?

16. magicwind

magicwind Member

Morey will start himself.

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

first off its debatable that brooks is even better than lowry. both are about the same level. i predict there will be lots of topics on who to start after a few games.

18. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I'll say Aaron Brooks because he has the edge over Kyle Lowry in that. The question is will Rick Aldeman trust Lowry to back up Aaron Brooks??

Honestly the way this trade came out maybe they are expecting for someone to be waived so they can pick up. IDK im just guessing. I'm not a die hard fan or anything but does anyone have any news on Steve. I find it kind of strange for a player with his caliber to just disappear like that. If I'm not mistaken this is a guy who said he was 3 weeks away from playing then there were reports saying he should be back on the court when all star break comes or after.

19. tmacwillbeback

so many people dogged alston now he is gone it is funny how this is being received

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Now I guess we know what Manny Ramirez is missing spring training for- analyzing Rockets trade deadline moves...