1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye Rafer!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Feb 19, 2009.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Are we the one's who got raped in this trade? :confused:

2. BleedsRocketRed

Goodness, I would have rather packaged him in a trade for an upgrade. Instead we trade out starting PG for 2 players who suck more.

Cook sucks. No D and undersized PF. Dont we have enough of those alredy?
    Lowery just sucks. Shoots worse then rafer.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Clutch fall in a faint.

4. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Good luck Rafer and thanks for some great years...

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Assuming there isn't a follow up deal, this shows that the Rockets weren't as high on Rafer as some of us thought, and they have more confidence in Brooks as a starter than most on this board. Lowry can't shoot 3s, but he's a good prospect, and we can have him cheap for a few years. Cook can shoot, if not much else, and he has playoff experience.

And like I said in the other thread, I'm just glad that Rafer is going to a good situation. It would suck if we traded him to some lottery team.

6. MaxwellsTemper

Some of you guys have no class..

7. zack2001

zack2001 Member

this is a stupid trade !!!

I dont see the new guy any better than rafer, who is joining our new tmac-less big3

8. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

kyle lowry is not that bad. i dont agree with the trade but brooks will start and lowry will come off the bench. lowry averages 4 assists in about 22 minutes a game this year. he can run an offense and distribute the ball

but yeah there is some classless stuff in here. come on guys. bricks? are you serious?